Rate this topic

After seeing another DR. today because mine was away he informed me that he would consider my TTG test wich was 6 on a range on 0 to 10 more than likely positive especially seeing as I was gluten free when they did the test! Strange because my other DR said test was negative. Who do I believe, I can't get into my GI dr until Sept. I know I am staying gluten free so does it really matter if it is positive or not.

Only way to know for sure is a biopsy. Only way biopsy will prove you're celiac is if you've ingested gluten. Difficult to say either way without ingesting gluten and getting tested.

After seeing another DR. today because mine was away he informed me that he would consider my TTG test wich was 6 on a range on 0 to 10 more than likely positive especially seeing as I was gluten free when they did the test! Strange because my other DR said test was negative. Who do I believe, I can't get into my GI dr until Sept. I know I am staying gluten free so does it really matter if it is positive or not.

Your new doctor sounds like a keeper. Your last sentence says it all. You must have seen a great resolution of your issues and the second doctor was taking that into account. Some of us never show positive with testing or the numbers are low so the doctors say that the test was negative until we get to the point where full recovery is not really possible. If the diet is working for you that is the best test there is.

This has been so overwhelming because every dr. has a differernt opinion, but I have to agree that being off the gluten for only a couple of weeks and I don't feel the brain fog and no where near as tired and generally that lost of control and irritated feeling is almost gone. It also feel like I am building a bit of muscle back strange I know and i am not lifing any weights. I guess I am absorbing vital nutrients that I was not before. I don't expect miracles with my stomach as that is where the damage is for me, I know that will take time to heal. I have given up all carbs , I was having the worse time absorbing then constant bloat. So I will see how that goes after a couple of months.