critterjulie

Could It Be Celiac Making Me Sick For 2 1/2 Years?

Rate this topic

I have been sick for 2 1/2 years, I have been to many doctors (internist, endocrinologist, infectious disease), I have had many tests including a bone marrow biopsy, MRI of brain, and lots of blood work. The only things I learned from all of this is that my WBC is slightly elevated but not every time tested and that I am anemic. I have lost 25 lbs (now 120 and 5'5"). My problems all started in Jan. 07 when I fell on ice and smacked my face HARD. I am constantly fatigued, unrestful sleep, anxiety, depression, muscle aches, mental fog, poor memory, weekness, and for 26 of the last 30 mo. I have ran a low grade temp (up to 100.5) which seems to be brought on by extra stress?? When I play with my family or help with our garden it takes me 2-3 days to recover from it. Does any of this sound like Celiac?? I am grasping at straws to get my life back.

I have been sick for 2 1/2 years, I have been to many doctors (internist, endocrinologist, infectious disease), I have had many tests including a bone marrow biopsy, MRI of brain, and lots of blood work. The only things I learned from all of this is that my WBC is slightly elevated but not every time tested and that I am anemic. I have lost 25 lbs (now 120 and 5'5"). My problems all started in Jan. 07 when I fell on ice and smacked my face HARD. I am constantly fatigued, unrestful sleep, anxiety, depression, muscle aches, mental fog, poor memory, weekness, and for 26 of the last 30 mo. I have ran a low grade temp (up to 100.5) which seems to be brought on by extra stress?? When I play with my family or help with our garden it takes me 2-3 days to recover from it. Does any of this sound like Celiac?? I am grasping at straws to get my life back.

Just about all of it sounds like celiac disease. I hadn't heard of anyone having a constant fever, but no doubt somebody will post shortly saying that they've had that, too. You could see a gastroenterologist, or just try the gluten free diet and see if it makes a difference. Welcome and good luck to you.