Rate this topic

Nathaniel Scott made a VERY unexpected early arrival on June 15 at 7:10pm. He was 8 weeks premature!! He was 2 lb and 12 oz but a whopping 17" long!!

He's doing very well in the NICU - breathing on his own and being a truly feisty little trooper! Looks like he will stay with them until close to his original due date. I was finally able to come home from the hospital yesterday and can now hustle up and get the house ready for our little cherub when he is able to safely come home.

I'm so proud of my little fighter! What an amazing experience!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Congratulations to you both! Grow, Nathaniel, grow so you can go home to Mom and Dad!

Congratulations! I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well for being so early.

Get some rest!!!! I know it'll be hard, but try. :)

Congratulations!!!! :D

Just a note to say congrats! Let us all know when you bring him home.

Congrats on his arrival. I am glad he is doing well despite being in a hurry to get here.

Wow! That's amazing...so tiny...I wish you all the best...congrats!! :D

Congratulations!!! :D

Congratulations!!!! I hope he grows and gains weight every day so he'll be able to come home soon!

Update:

Six weeks later, Nathaniel is doing beautifully! He is almost 5lb and it seems like he will be home from NICU within the next 10 days.

He struggled a bit with food --- they were fortifying it to give him more calories and he had a bad reaction to the fortifier (need to remember to check the ingredients on that....), but once they stopped adding it, he bounced back.

He will come home on an apnea monitor (sometimes he just plain forgets to breathe), a few medications, and supplements for his anemia, but overall he is growing, gaining weight, and getting cuter by the day! We cannot wait to get him home!

There must be evil glutenin that fortifier :huh: ....but CONGRATULATIONS!!!anyway!!!

Update:

Six weeks later, Nathaniel is doing beautifully! He is almost 5lb and it seems like he will be home from NICU within the next 10 days.

He struggled a bit with food --- they were fortifying it to give him more calories and he had a bad reaction to the fortifier (need to remember to check the ingredients on that....), but once they stopped adding it, he bounced back.

He will come home on an apnea monitor (sometimes he just plain forgets to breathe), a few medications, and supplements for his anemia, but overall he is growing, gaining weight, and getting cuter by the day! We cannot wait to get him home!

I am so glad to hear that he is coming home soon. Enjoy him for they grow up way to soon.

OMG--Nathaniel's adorable! :D Thanks for the update--so glad he's coming home soon.