Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasCeliacBuckeye

"you Might Be A Celiac If....."

Guest Leidenschaft

Ha Ha!!! Too funny! :lol:

My hubby was hospitalized with the Norwalk virus two years ago, so I can't really call him a "wuss", but that's about the only exception! :D

I had to laugh when I was in the grocery check out last Friday, I thought of this thread as I restrained myself from picking up a grocery item from the lady behind me to check the ingredients! :blink::lol:

The cart in front of me had THREE birthday cakes, packages of cookies, crackers etc.... I'm standing there saying to myself, "Poison, poison, that's poison, oh, more poison!"

I am so thankful for this board, that I can giggle through a situation like that!

:rolleyes:

Have a great day all!

PS, Kaiti, you'll have to campaign in that hat and scarf, I won't recognize you otherwise! :D

Yesterday at the grocery store I saw someone with a cart loaded with nothing but wheat based food. I thought to myself "Wow, I'd be dead before I hit the ground if I ate that."

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

I love this soooo mcuh! I was wondering if anyone minded if I would put some of these sayings on T-shirts and use them to raise money for celiac research at stanford. I would of course tell everyone where this came from! Just some thoughts, I really like them a lot and it would be good for raising money!

Molly

2. If you're ever said that wheat is a product of satan.

Okay I'm late getting to this post but I just wanted to make sure you all know something that I was reminded of when I read, "You know....if #2"

Here's something I think you will all appreciate:

Gluten is the name of the insoluble protein in wheat, probably most familiar as stuff that makes bread dough elastic. When raw gluten (wheat dough with the starch washed away) has been cooked in a broth of shoyu, ginger, and kombu, it's called "seitan".

And, FYI, "seitan" is pronounced "satan" (Something I learned many years ago in macrobiotics - kind of stuck with me, now I know why!!)

Gluten is Seitan!! Satan? :blink:

I love you guys :)

Gluten is Satan. Well that explains a lot doesn't it.

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

I thought of one!

You might be a Celiac if suddenly you realize that your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) could be a *good* thing!

We need Celiacs to run for political posts. The undiagnosed Celiacs need it too, they just don't know it yet.

Start small/local and go from there.

Love you guys,

Laura

Michigan

We need Celiacs to run for political posts.

Would that be possible for me as a german living in the USA, too? I mean, I'll stay here forever (unless I'm not getting divorced one day) and I have the green card.

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

You could only do certain things. I think you have to be a citizen of the U.S though. Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of CA, was born in Austria.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Ha, Kaiti, you're right. I forgot that completely. My alien status is called "perminent resident" now. And in about 2.5 years I can apply for the american citizenship...

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

Shermans Dale, PA

I know, he never will, but I'm just curious, if this would be possible. Could my husband become president with me as his wife? Just curious...

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

I recently found myself doing this one:

if you plan a get together and question the guests about any allergies or special dietary needs...and they know you will actually try to feed them.

Donna

South Georgia

9 yrs gluten-free

...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

You can use your loaf of bread in place of weights when excersizing.

That is awesome! Hilarious.

You might be a celiac if:

You're at a party offering food/drinks and you find yourself examining product packages in the garbage :lol:

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Donna, I do that all that time! I always have, but even more so now, and I don't think people are expecting it. Sometimes I've gotten a response that makes me feel the person being asked thought it was awfully personal, but still appreciated it.

And it's funny - scary almost - that people trust me so much to know what they can and can't eat. A diabetic at work asked if he could have the brownies I brought in (the raw brownies I keep trying to get everyone on here to make ;-) )and I told him the ingredients and specifically mentioned the no added sugar bit and said "as long as the dates are ok for you" (because I know that some diabetics can handle small amounts of dried fruit, some can't), and it was scary how much he both trusted me, and knew to ask if they might be safe in the first place. ;-) (He was very happy that they were safe and asked for the recipe later too.)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

That is so funny...I thought all night long whether that was a dumb post or not and you guys liked it! Here's another one:

You go house hunting and find yourself wondering what they cooked in the kitchen and assessing whether the bathroom has space for a TV and bookshelf.

Donna

South Georgia

9 yrs gluten-free

...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

You might be Celiac if....

~You have your own pantry in your house.

~If you jokingly tell your friends, "Wheat makes you fat."

~If you ever wanted to buy that "Wheat Sucks" T-Shirt.

~If you're upset when your rice bread crumbles.

:lol: haha! Wheat sucks! I liked that one! So true!

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

Guest BellyTimber

:P:D:lol::)

You know you might be celiac if:

... when you read "If your browser or firewall is set to not accept all cookies" you think it is saying your browser is gluten-free ... like the forum !

:):lol::D:P