Lynnie

Corn Flour

Rate this topic

I recently bought Corn Flour to make Polenta. Can you use this flour for breading? Like Fried Chicken?

Yep.

I've used it in combonation with other flours (1 part corn flour and 1 part gluten-free flour blend) for breading chicken and it turned out pretty good.

I use straight Masa flour for breading everything. Everyone in my family likes it except my step-daughter, who says it tastes "like tortillas." I suppose that's because of the lime in the masa, but I don't think plain corn flour would have that problem; and the rest of us aren't reminded of tortillas while we're eating our fried fish.

I'm the only one in my household who's gluten-free, by the way. I use the masa a lot because it's cheap and I can afford to feed it to my teenage boys and don't have to feed them expensive gluten-free substitute flours or fix myself something separate.

-Elizabeth

We use it all the time. Use a wet ingredient first, such as water, egg, hot sauce, etc. to base items you wish to fry, then pass in corn flour seasoned with your favorite spices, and fry as usual. I do this with chicken, pork chops, fish, crab patties, eggplant, shrimp, etc. It works wonderful and tastes good too!

I cooked some skinless boneless chicken breasts tonight. I first coated it with scrambled up eggs, with milk. Then I dipped it in the corn flour. First, I put the flour in a bowl and added, parsley, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese.

I fried them in peanut oil. OMG, the chicken was delicous! I am so excited about this.

We had baked potato and corn on the cob with the chicken. Also a garden salad before dinner. I have some home grown arrugula in our salads.

Next time I make my eggplant parm. I am going to do the same thing with the corn flour.

I am discovering new ways of cooking every day.

So far it's been going fairly easy I must say.