ME AND ME

Any Body Near Indianapolis..i Am Newly Diagnosed...

Rate this topic

JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TALK TOO....FAMILY DOESNT UNDERSTAND AND MOST OF THE SO CALLED FRIENDS DONT CARE...

DONT REALLY WANT TO WHINE ABOUT IT (BOO HOO..LOL) BUT I FEEL KINDA ALONE WITH ALL THIS...

Hi ME&ME,

Indy has a local support group. Here is there website:

http://www.glutenfreeindy.com/

Take a look around, there is a lot of good information. They also hold beginner's meetings (schedule is on the site). They meet on the north side (Carmel) in the new Clarion building at 116th and Meridian.

In addition, this forum is also a great place for info.

JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TALK TOO....FAMILY DOESNT UNDERSTAND AND MOST OF THE SO CALLED FRIENDS DONT CARE...

DONT REALLY WANT TO WHINE ABOUT IT (BOO HOO..LOL) BUT I FEEL KINDA ALONE WITH ALL THIS...

I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease and I feel the same way. Are you in Indianapolis?

I'm newly diagnosed too. I'm in Indy (Fishers). I just met a neighbor who has it as well. My hubby and I are planning a nice night out tomorrow for our anniversary. We are going downtown to eat and stay at the Conrad, so I've been online trying to research accomodating restaurants. I ran across this board, and I was already a member of celiac.com. Nice to meet you! Always good to stay in touch with local people. Are any of you intolerant of everything? I really don't know how I'll eat anything...or drink anything. I wish now that it was JUST gluten that I had a problem with. Hang in there dude! I wish that I could go back to when I just had to avoid gluten, so if that's all that you have to avoid...PLEASE count your blessings! There are a lot of people on this site who can't eat anything without feeling sick. I know that doesn't help right now, and believe me...I go through my angry phases!!! Just realize that it could always be worse! If you guys want to talk, I will try to stay on here more!

Hello! I am from the Carmel area and have had Celiac for 12+ years now! I know how frustrating it can be, especially right now, as I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and SO sick anyways, and it actually takes me back to the days before being diagnosed with the constant stomach aches, and nausea. UGH! I hope you are able to find some people to reach out to and have talked to them...if not sounds like there are a few of us around here!!! Share your frustrations and vent away! It is hard when people do not understand! Nice to see you on here!

Hello from Southern Indiana. Hang in there. You have lots of friends on this forum who have gone through the same thing. Just stay in touch and keep posting and you will get through this.