purple

Watcha Making For The 4th?

Rate this topic

I was planning on what to make for the 4th of July, so I thought we could start an idea thread?!?

We always have a church BBQ (hamburgers and hotdogs) and potluck. Dishes I don't have to keep hot or cold or that get eaten fast are always nice. It seems there are lots of salads already so I like to think of what kids like to eat too ( mine are grown ;):( ). I only need to pick 1 or 2.

Thoughts so far are:

cupcakes with M&M's on top

baked beans

chips and soda pop

layered bean dip

brownies

ice cream

apple crisp

fruit tray

deviled eggs

Kabobs with pineapple, cheese, olives, etc. on a toothpick

So what ideas do you have?

Layered Taco salad

This is my favorite and it is rare there is anything is left to bring home.

Ooh, I did a layered bean dip last Sunday for Father's Day, and it went fast.

I put pieces of fresh basil leaves instead of cilantro and it gave it a really different, but yummy taste.

I'm making one of those Jello Flags for kiddo with the gelatin bottom layer and whipped cream, berries-blue and straw for the stars and stripes.

get on the betty crocker website and look for the rice chex recipes. there are some really good ones that goa long way and look very yummy and kid friendly... i have a kid's appetite haha love sweets! and of course you wont spend a bunch of money and you'll be able to eat it!

The Betty Crocker gluten free brownies! I am addicted to those things. I have actually gained two pounds becasue I have been eating them so much!

I'm making one of those Jello Flags for kiddo with the gelatin bottom layer and whipped cream, berries-blue and straw for the stars and stripes.

mmmmmmmmm.....sounds good, cool, kiddo, yummy, festive and pretty!

I'm not doing anything special. Canned baked beans, maybe some hamburgers. Raw veggies. Might make one of the new Betty Crocker mixes I have. I don't personally eat dessert so I don't care if we have it or not.

That's adorable!