NorthernElf

Off To New York

Rate this topic

In about a week my family is going to New York. I gotta admit I'm a little nervous about eating...it's when I travel that I tend to have problems !

Anyway, we are staying on the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge and there is a Trader Joe's a few blocks from our hotel - and we will have a small fridge in our room. We are attending a conference & our plan is to eat suppers out and otherwise stock the room with food (the kids eat all the time, LOL). We will be doing some tours in the afternoons and spending a day at Central Park.

I guess I'm looking for advice & tips on where to eat out & what to eat at Trader Joes, as well as any New York specfic places to go check out ! Any ideas ???

Sambuca at 20 West 72nd Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue is an excellent Italian restaurant. They have a separate gluten-free menu and are very aware of cross contamination. They even bring you your own piece of gluten free bread and have a gluten free brownie on the dessert menu. I just ate there last night and highly recommend it.

I just got back this evening and had an amazing time!! I made a spread sheet of all of the gluten free friendly restuarnts I could find...(it's almost 50). If you send me your email, I'll send it to you with my top recommedations.

If nothing else...

www.babycakesnyc.com

: )

I just got back this evening and had an amazing time!! I made a spread sheet of all of the gluten free friendly restuarnts I could find...(it's almost 50). If you send me your email, I'll send it to you with my top recommedations.

If nothing else...

www.babycakesnyc.com

: )

hi kellylyn,

any chance you could send me this list also? i'm visiting from ireland next february.

willowbabe@campus.ie

thanks a million :)