JustCan

Betty Crocker Mixes - Other Allergens?

Rate this topic

Hi All! I have yet to find the new Betty Crocker mixes anywhere near me. My son is allergic to eggs and nuts so I need to check the ingredients first anyway. They're not listed online and when I emailed the company they of course said to read the ingredients. I'm trying to avoid going on a search for them if my family won't be able to eat them anyway. Can anyone tell me if they contain nuts or eggs? I know you need to add eggs but I can use egg replacer for that. Thanks so much!

Not sure this got posted the first time...trying again.

Not sure this got posted the first time...trying again.

It did, but so far nobody has responded with an answer to the question. I don't know either, but this reply will again bump your question.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but when I've seen others comment on the ingredients they've mentioned soy and milk as allergens in the box. I haven't heard anything about soy or egg.

I will post back when my case of cookie mix arrives in the mail.

No nuts or eggs. I don't think there is milk unless it is the chocolate chip cookies. We didn't buy those.

No nuts or eggs. I don't think there is milk unless it is the chocolate chip cookies. We didn't buy those.

Great, thank you!!

I actually made the devil's food cake last night and can I just say, it was the most amazing birthday cake we've ever had.

The mix is nut free and egg free. You add: water, 3 eggs, 1 stick butter.

Yes you can try the egg substitute, I'm sure that would be fine.

I don't know about the other items (there are cookies, brownies, and a yellow cake) but this wax excellent. The cake did not come with a frosting so I made a chocolate genache from scratch.

I found my mix at Schnucks in St Louis. The Schnucks stores all carry it, and I even found this mix at one of the stores that we joke never carries anything. They had all the items in stock. It is in the normal baking aisle, not in organic or specialty foods like other stores do with gluten-free items for whatever reason.

TrilliumHunter gave us the ingredients for the Yellow cake mix in another thread:

Yellow cake mix

makes 1 layer

You need: 2/3 cups water, 1 stick butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 3 eggs

Contains: rice flour, sugar, potato starch, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosate, monocalcium phosphate), xanthan gum, salt

MAY CONTAIN SOY (on the box!)

The serving size is 1/10th for 150 calories and 37g carbs and 1g protein.

TrilliumHunter gave us the ingredients for the Yellow cake mix in another thread:

Yellow cake mix

makes 1 layer

You need: 2/3 cups water, 1 stick butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 3 eggs

Contains: rice flour, sugar, potato starch, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosate, monocalcium phosphate), xanthan gum, salt

MAY CONTAIN SOY (on the box!)

The serving size is 1/10th for 150 calories and 37g carbs and 1g protein.

That sounds about right for the devil's food cake as well, but the commenter's child has no issues with soy, just nuts and eggs. I think most items will be safe if an egg sub is used.

I have the chocolate chip cookies in front of me. The ingredients are rice flour, semi-sweet chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), brown sugar, sugar, potato starch, potato flour, leavening (baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, monocalcium phosphate, salt. You add 1/2 cup butter, one teaspoon vanilla, one egg.