Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

granny

Progresso Soup/ General Mills Cereals Llt

Hi everyone, I've read that Progresso Soup will state if it contains Gluten.

I tried a new flavor tonight,Creamy Chicken Wild Rice and got very sick! I noticed that it didn't show the normal ConAg as manufactor , but had Gen. Mills Cereal instead. I really wanted to try it and so I did, big mistake. I couldn't keep my eyes open after about 20 min. and was awaken from my nap? with terrible gas. Somache gas as well as Intestinal. I was in so much pain that I took 2 PhyZymes

pluss 2 Rolaids and still experienced indegestion for hrs.

I guess my question is, When did Gen. Mills Cereals start makeing Progresso Soup? It's been on all the list of companies that will list Gluten and this only said Milk and Soy.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this issue--I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance, Granny

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use that soup all the time in caseroles, with no problems. Possibly it was something else that you ate or maybe the dairy.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I use that soup all the time in caseroles, with no problems. Possibly it was something else that you ate or maybe the dairy.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica, celiac3270 and Kaiti, thanks so much for the replies. I feel fine this morning so I guess it wasn't a Gluten reaction. I have come to blame all upset stomaches on Celiac, I guess. I'm so glad it wasn't the soup because I eat a lot of it too and had recommended it to others. I love meat smothered in the mushroom soup-Yum. I was really upset when I didn't see the ConAg name on it. It's so nice to have those labels that we can trust to just look for our problem allergies on them.

Thanks again, Granny

It is...and we hope that within a few years they'll list all gluten! Food labeling bill will make things 60% easier though (in 2006) since wheat (usually what makes things unsafe for us) will be listed.