Rate this topic

Just curious what your favorite bread is? gluten-free of course :)

My favorite is definitely the Prairie bread from the Whole Foods bakery.

Second, would be the Food For Life brown rice bread, the red rice is good too, as well as the millet

Someone told me the other day how they loved the Glutino corn bread, i tried it, and hated it. interesting how we all have different tastes.

I actually like bread now so much more than I did pre-celiac. I was actually never much of a bread eater, and would always toss my bread aside to eat the insides :) Now, I am eating toast in the mornings for the first time in my life!

We must have similar taste Anne. I was never a bread eater either, but do like the nutty taste of Whole Foods Prairy Bread. The closest WF is two hours away, so it's alway a treat for me.

Right now I like Ener-G brand Light Tapioca bread, but I have to admit I haven't tried that many different kinds to compare.

My personal favorite is Kinnickinnick. I really like the Italian, it's the only gluten-free bread I have ever liked with just butter. They also make good waffles. They use vanilla in them and the smell when they toast is heavenly. The donuts are also good and I also use their pizza crusts. They are pricey but since I get 4 pizzas out of a package it doesn't seem too out of line.

We must have similar taste Anne. I was never a bread eater either, but do like the nutty taste of Whole Foods Prairy Bread. The closest WF is two hours away, so it's alway a treat for me.

My daughter likes this too but feels it doesn't stick with her for very long. I will make a quick snack sandwich on it for her before dance class. For a meal, she prefers their Rice Starch bread because it is more filling.

I just tried the Chebe all-purpose mix. It's just tapioca, and really good! My brother also approved.

I had similar bread at the Brazilian steakhouse, but made with milk and cheese. I normally don't eat dairy.

I've noticed that all the gluten free bread that I really like has tapioca as the main ingredient. I'm going to have to experiment more.