This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hives Around Eyes And Pain In Throat!

Tiff

Tiff Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I am fairly new to this forum and I was just wondering if anyone else has symptoms of hives. I get hives around my eyes every couple of days. Sometimes there along my jaw line. There are usually only one or two at a time, and they itch like crazy.

I have been gluten free for 3 weeks now, and I have not eaten corn soy or dairy products for a few days now. But I keep getting these damn hives. I also have this pain in my throat and was just wondering if anyone has heard of possible hives in the throat. I don't know for sure if they are hives in my throat but it almost feels like I have a canker sore in my throat. It's deep and on the back of my tongue, really far back. I have never had this problem before and I seem to have alot of crazy symptoms going on periodically. They seem to come and go. And the symtpoms never come at one time. They sort of show up and in the next few days there gone and then something else happens to me.

If you could offer some advice that would be wonderful!

Thanks

TIFF :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TiffLuvsBread Rookie

In the upper left corner in the search box, type in "rash" and "hives" and see what comes up from previous posts - there is A LOT on this subject as a rash is common.

Luckily your question might be answered somewhere already.

Good luck :)

Mother of Jibril Enthusiast

Hi Tiff,

I'm honestly not following you around... I just keep having answers to some of your questions!

For some reason (and I don't know exactly why) a signficant number of people diagnosed with chronic urticaria (hives) also have Hashimoto's disease.

Open Original Shared Link

Hives CAN be internal. And by definition they "come and go" (they shouldn't last more than 24 hours). The feeling in your throat could be hives if it's itchy/sore. Otherwise... if it feels more like you have a lump in your throat... it could just be from the Hashimoto's.

Tiff Apprentice
Hi Tiff,

I'm honestly not following you around... I just keep having answers to some of your questions!

For some reason (and I don't know exactly why) a signficant number of people diagnosed with chronic urticaria (hives) also have Hashimoto's disease.

Hives CAN be internal. And by definition they "come and go" (they shouldn't last more than 24 hours). The feeling in your throat could be hives if it's itchy/sore. Otherwise... if it feels more like you have a lump in your throat... it could just be from the Hashimoto's.

Thank you for the advice "Mother of Jibril". I am very greatful for all of your advice. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible to figure out what is going on with me.

And it seems as if you always have great advice for me. Thank you so much!! Actually, I'm very bummed because I have a 19 month old daughter and my husband and I were planning on

trying for another baby this July. Unfortunately, I have been sick since January and I am on a mission to get better!!! I just want to get to the bottom of this before I get pregnant.

I have done alot of reading about Celiac Disease and infertility and I am really scared. If we are unable to have another child because of my health I would at least like to be able to do things

with my daughter. Some days I'm so exhauseted it's truly hard for me to get from one room to the next. And when I do feel good I seem to get short of breathe quickly.

It seems like I'm fighting an endless battle. I know autoimmune diseases are hard to diagnose, but I am confident that one day I will be back to my old self again.

Thank you again,

TIFF :D

Tiff Apprentice
Hi Tiff,

Mother of Jibril, is it possible to ask you some peronal questions in private on this forum?

Thanks TIFF

Mother of Jibril Enthusiast
Mother of Jibril, is it possible to ask you some peronal questions in private on this forum?

Thanks TIFF

Hi Tiff,

Sure! If you search for "Mother of Jibril" you'll find my profile... at the bottom on the left-hand side there's a button to send a private message.

Archived