Ariauna

Recipe Ingredients Safe?

Rate this topic

I have this recipe that my mom has been making us for the 4th of July ever since I was a baby and I am wondering if the items are gluten free?

Kraft` Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows (colored or white)

Mandarin Oranges (Dole)

Pineapple Crushed (Dole)

Pistachio Pudding `dry mix` (Brand suggestions??)

Cool Whip (I've heard this is safe but last time I bought the `Lite` Cool Whip it upset me a bit so I thought I would verify here)

Pecans (Brand suggestions??)

Thanks in advance :)

Kraft will list all gluten on their ingredient listing. Dole canned fruit is gluten free and Cool Whip is gluten free. Pecans in themselves are gluten free.

Dairy might bother you if you are new to the diet and still healing.

Kraft will list all gluten on their ingredient listing. Dole canned fruit is gluten free and Cool Whip is gluten free. Pecans in themselves are gluten free.

Dairy might bother you if you are new to the diet and still healing.

I have only been gluten-free for 3 months so yes still a newb :)

Thanks for the info... I should be pretty safe if I use moderation as in maybe just a tablespoon or two of it.

I do notice that if I eat "too much" dairy in one day or over several days that I will get upset a little bit. Also some dairy items will bother me while others will not. I can eat the heck out of mozzarella cheese

and I can also eat colby/jack combo chunks (great value brand because it is labeled gluten-free) safely. Perhaps

their is an ingredient in the Cool Whip or perhaps it is more rich? I'm not sure.

I have only been gluten-free for 3 months so yes still a newb :)

Thanks for the info... I should be pretty safe if I use moderation as in maybe just a tablespoon or two of it.

I do notice that if I eat "too much" dairy in one day or over several days that I will get upset a little bit. Also some dairy items will bother me while others will not. I can eat the heck out of mozzarella cheese

and I can also eat colby/jack combo chunks (great value brand because it is labeled gluten-free) safely. Perhaps

their is an ingredient in the Cool Whip or perhaps it is more rich? I'm not sure.

Cool whip is dairy free (not casein free) and gluten free but it does contain hydrogenated oils and lots of corn syrup.

Sorry, guys, the "Lite" version of Cool Whip does contain dairy which I found out the hard way. Once again, I really need to always read labels and not assume.

Pecans (Brand suggestions??)

------------------------------------------------

If you have problems with foods that are processed in a facility that also processes wheat then you might want to check the bag of pecans you are getting.

I know at our local grocery stores there are two brands Diamond and Fisher.

Diamond says on the back that it is processed in a facility that also does wheat

Fisher does not have that stated on their bag (this is the brand I get).

Good Luck and Happy 4th of July!!