Roboalt

Fresh Beans - Gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I am a novice when it comes to celiac and gluten-free eating. My nephew has celiac and we are getting ready for a family get-together at the beach. I want to make sure that the foods I make for the gathering are safe for him to eat.

This is probably a stupid question but are fresh beans always gluten-free? Or do I need to buy organic? I wanted to make a bean salad with fresh green and wax beans.

I also wanted to make a red, orange, yellow pepper salad. Do I need to buy all veggies organic?

Thanks for any help!

Organic simply refers to the use of pesticides and artificial fertilizers in the cultivation of the produce. Non-organic pesticide or fertilizer use does not add wheat, barley, rye, or oats to the produce.

Organic simply refers to the use of pesticides and artificial fertilizers in the cultivation of the produce. Non-organic pesticide or fertilizer use does not add wheat, barley, rye, or oats to the produce.

Great! Thanks for your help.

Those beans and peppers will be fine. The dressing you use would be more of a concern. It is so nice of you to be checking into this for him. One word of caution though, if you use a wooden or scratched plastic cutting board and you are not gluten free it might be a good idea to cut them up on a plate instead. Also make sure the utensils you use are not also used for gluten foods at the same time. A regular knife throughly washed would be safe but don't use a wooden spoon that has been used for gluten foods.