ceyannuzzi

Char-grilled Tenderloin

Rate this topic

I'm new to the gluten-free lifestyle. I'm going out tonight & saw the restaurant's menu online. They have a char-grilled tenderloin. Obviously I would get it with no bun, but does anyone know if that would be gluten-free?

thanks

I would recommend calling the restuarant. While one would think that there would be nothing wrong with a char-grilled tenderloin, without seeing the ingredients no one can really give you an answer. Hopefully the restaurant prepares all or most of their food there, and will be able to give you some suggestions.

what exactly should I ask them?

I would recommend calling the restuarant. While one would think that there would be nothing wrong with a char-grilled tenderloin, without seeing the ingredients no one can really give you an answer. Hopefully the restaurant prepares all or most of their food there, and will be able to give you some suggestions.

what exactly should I ask them?

I realize this is a bit late, but perhaps for future use. When I contact a restaurant I explain to them that I must avoid gluten, which is in wheat, barley, rye and oats. I either ask them about specific ingredients, if I have something in mind, or ask them if they have any food that would be safe for me to eat.

If it is a place that actually makes most of their food on-site, the chef will usually tell you what to avoid or what is safe, as they are aware of the ingredients going in. Often, I've had people offer to leave out an ingredient if it's something that either contains gluten or if made off-site and cannot be verified.

In a place where the food generally comes pre-made, Applebee's, for example, I have found that I have a much harder time getting any sort of information at all, and special requests usually cannot be met, so I avoid these places. (And their food is not usually that great, either)