Berta

Traveling To Vegas, Utah, And Arizona - Safe Places To Eat?

Rate this topic

I am going on a 2 week road trip to visit national parks in the Southwest and have eaten out only once since celiac diagnosis 14 months ago. I am very concerned about finding safe places to eat. Some of these places are remote so I will be bringing plenty of snacks and emergency food just in case I'm desperate. Does anyone have eating suggestions for any of these places? Any suggestions about gluten-free dehydrated food that I can pack?

[*]Las Vegas

[*]in Utah: Springdale, Tropic,Torrey, Moab

[*]in Arizona: Chinle, Sedona

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Berta

Hi,

Sedona has a pizza place called Picazzo's that makes gluten-free pizza.

http://www.picazzos.com/

Sounds like a great trip.

I recommend Troias in Sedona -- 1885 West Highway 89A, www.troias.com. They have rice pasta and gluten free pizzas, a wide range of sauces and toppings, delicious salads, make everything from fresh ingredients and generally are gluten-aware and passionate about their food. If you're a bit nervous about eating out, this is a great place to start. Sam and Rosanne Troia will look after you very well. On a 4-week trip around Arizona and California this was by far the best restaurant for our coeliac-suffering daughter, who said the pizza was the best she had ever had!

Malcolm

I am going on a 2 week road trip to visit national parks in the Southwest and have eaten out only once since celiac diagnosis 14 months ago. I am very concerned about finding safe places to eat. Some of these places are remote so I will be bringing plenty of snacks and emergency food just in case I'm desperate. Does anyone have eating suggestions for any of these places? Any suggestions about gluten-free dehydrated food that I can pack?

[*]Las Vegas

[*]in Utah: Springdale, Tropic,Torrey, Moab

[*]in Arizona: Chinle, Sedona

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Berta

I second the Picazzo's pizza, it is fantastic. I would drive from WA state to AZ just to get one of their pizzas if I could afford the gas!