SGWhiskers

Crazy Glue/nail Glue

Rate this topic

I have a toenail that is splitting vertically and breaks and catches on everything. It has been happening for months, and I know it is from vitamin deficiencies. I'm hoping that more time on the gluten-free diet will resolve the vitamin problem causing this. In the meantime, I need to stop the nail from splitting. So I want to use nail glue or crazy glue to coat the whole nail while it grows out a bit and maybe reapply every month if it won't stop breaking.

Does anyone know if nail glue or crazy glue has gluten. Even if it has gluten, what kind of cross contact problems would I have after a shower or three. I would consider myself a super sensitive.

Before you try glueing this together it might be a good idea to see a podiatrist (foot doctor). Personally I would avoid the adhesives and it you don't want to see a doctor about it perhaps you could cover the nail with a bandaid until it grows in complete. That can take a while. I crushed my thumb and broke the nail off partially from below the cuticle, it was broken in the center but not on the very edges. That happened in December and it still has about 1/4 of an inch to go before the thumb has a complete nail. You may also want to perhaps take some biotin in supplement form to help speed the process just a bit.