sixo6oh

Mono- And Di-glycerides

Rate this topic

Somewhere on the internet I read a list of unsafe ingredients for gluten intolerance. On the list was mono and di- glycerides. However, when I hear about safe products these are often an ingredient. I am pretty new to eating gluten free foods, even though its suspected that I've had Celiac for about 2 years. I'm still trying to figure out what to look for at my local grocery store.

I've read the same thing and also have read that they can be soy based. I generally avoid products with those in them unless they cite the source.

Somewhere on the internet I read a list of unsafe ingredients for gluten intolerance. On the list was mono and di- glycerides. However, when I hear about safe products these are often an ingredient. I am pretty new to eating gluten free foods, even though its suspected that I've had Celiac for about 2 years. I'm still trying to figure out what to look for at my local grocery store.

Mono and di-glycerides are fats so should not have any gluten in them. I have not had any problems ingesting these. There are a lot of mistakes with on-line lists and I am not sure why these would be included.