hannahp57

In Need Of More Expert Thoughts Than My Own

Rate this topic

I was glutened last monday... i went to carabbas and had a grilled chicken caesar salad... i was sick within thirty minutes with identical symptoms of my last glutening. cramps, D, gas, fatigue and slight fuzzy feeling in my head. the next day my husband's family was in town and wanted to go to the beach so i went but wasnt feeling well enough to eat. i eventually did eat a pear. the next day i was so nauseous i couldnt sit up. i didnt eat until about 2 and could only manage a couple kinnikinnick grahams. the next day i was okay until after dinner. i ate nachos with the same brands i have always used and again got the cramps and D. i rechecked all labels and company webpages. nothing suspect. friday i woke up feeling okay and went to my first day of work and had plain rice for dinner that night. saturday i woke up back to my old self...until i ate my breakfast cereal..then mild D. i recovered quickly though and ate dinner that night with no issues

here's where my questions come in:

today is sunday: i ate an apple and peanut butter for breakfast and got serious cramps and D. are stomach cramps and D signs of a peanut allergy? or could the gluten still be in my system? could the peanut butter cause me problems without necessarily being an allergy? it wasnt a gluten pain, it was more like sharpand burning pains today. no fatigue or fuzziness...

i just want this to be over with! i finally got a job after looking for almost six straight months and i dnt want to start off by calling in sick all the time and have them all thinking im a hypochondriac or just lazy!

any thoughts are welcome? feedback and comments appreciated

I was glutened last monday... i went to carabbas and had a grilled chicken caesar salad... i was sick within thirty minutes with identical symptoms of my last glutening. cramps, D, gas, fatigue and slight fuzzy feeling in my head. the next day my husband's family was in town and wanted to go to the beach so i went but wasnt feeling well enough to eat. i eventually did eat a pear. the next day i was so nauseous i couldnt sit up. i didnt eat until about 2 and could only manage a couple kinnikinnick grahams. the next day i was okay until after dinner. i ate nachos with the same brands i have always used and again got the cramps and D. i rechecked all labels and company webpages. nothing suspect. friday i woke up feeling okay and went to my first day of work and had plain rice for dinner that night. saturday i woke up back to my old self...until i ate my breakfast cereal..then mild D. i recovered quickly though and ate dinner that night with no issues

here's where my questions come in:

today is sunday: i ate an apple and peanut butter for breakfast and got serious cramps and D. are stomach cramps and D signs of a peanut allergy? or could the gluten still be in my system? could the peanut butter cause me problems without necessarily being an allergy? it wasnt a gluten pain, it was more like sharpand burning pains today. no fatigue or fuzziness...

i just want this to be over with! i finally got a job after looking for almost six straight months and i dnt want to start off by calling in sick all the time and have them all thinking im a hypochondriac or just lazy!

any thoughts are welcome? feedback and comments appreciated

I'll try my best. It could be a peanut allergy, the symptoms of which are found here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/peanut-al...ection=symptoms Most people find that symptoms from eating gluten can hit any time in the next three of four days. I would think that a week would be a long time, but am no expert. You may want to consider also giving up dairy. Many of us are lactose intolerant and many are casein intolerant. I was eating breakfast cereal in apple juice for a year and a half there (it's really good!) just because I didn't feel like wasting a Lactaid for a bowl of milk.

Really, meat, rice or potatoes and steamed vegetables are always a good choice. Don't starve yourself. And good luck.