Rate this topic

I was wondering if anyone knew how harmful it is to use hygene products with gluten...like bodywash's and shampoo's...

I feel stupid for asking but I'm newly diagnosed and just dont know...

i'd appreciate the help...thanx everyone..

That is certainly not a stupid question and it's been asked quite a bit here. Shampoos and body washes should be gluten free because there is a chance of getting into your mouth while you bath or shower.

Feel free to ask way. The learning curve is very steep when your tackling a new lifestyle. This is a great place to ask for help.

I was wondering if anyone knew how harmful it is to use hygene products with gluten...like bodywash's and shampoo's...

I feel stupid for asking but I'm newly diagnosed and just dont know...

i'd appreciate the help...thanx everyone..

Hey,

okay, so I was just recently diagnosed myself and asked the same question. I will relay to you what I was advised with the caveat that I"m still very new to this (diagnosed just over 2 months ago).

I was advised that it is important not to ingest gluten -- so if you have lip balm, for example, make sure it is gluten free. Same goes for shampoos, facial creams, etc as these could very easily (and mistakenly) be ingested. I was even advised that a gluten free hair spray would be a good idea since it's easy to inhale that crap.

I have not gone so far as to ensure all my beauty or hygene products are gluten free (e.g. deodorant). I just do not have the time right now to research EVERYTHING. So if I'm not going to ingest it, I don't worry about it (e.g. deodorant, eye shadow, etc)

The only exception is wrt my DH. It's some sort of skin manifestation that some celiacs get (I'm not the most informed person re: DH...but the 'psoriasis' I've had on my leg for like a decade has gone away since going gluten free so I"m assuming it is a form of DH). I"ve read on the DH posts that folks with DH make sure that no gluten touches their skin, particularly where they have the rash.