Mike12345

Double Gas Ovens, Any Recommendations?

Rate this topic

Not sure where exactly to ask this question but since this involves baking... I want to replace the ancient oven I have with a double one, one that has a small 1-2 cu ft oven above or below the 4-5 cu ft main oven. I've looked at all the local stores but most carry single ovens or the doubles are same size large ovens. The only two small doubles were Maytag (Sears also sells the same under the Kenmore name) and GE (5 & 1 cu ft ovens). Using the bread machine is nice but I have some recipes that only work in a "real" oven, tia.

Hi,

This is not a reccomendatition about brands, but more a note on Baking with a Gas Oven.

If your Central Heating is also Gas and you're Baking during the Winter Months,

Gas pressure to your oven will be effected by your heating.

Even though the Setting may be Gas Mark 4 the internal temperature will NOT be 350F.

Something to bear in mind during the Winter.

Best Regards,

David

I've never noticed that. Maybe that's why my cooking times sometimes vary..h-m-m

Hi,

This is not a reccomendatition about brands, but more a note on Baking with a Gas Oven.

If your Central Heating is also Gas and you're Baking during the Winter Months,

Gas pressure to your oven will be effected by your heating.

Even though the Setting may be Gas Mark 4 the internal temperature will NOT be 350F.

Something to bear in mind during the Winter.

Best Regards,

David

Interesting. Gas Ovens in the US don't use the Gas Marks you have in the UK, but they do have (at least new ones) temperature readouts, although I know from experience that a bad thermostat can throw that off. I can always tell an overseas recipe when it tells you to preheat your oven to a "Gas Mark" rather than to a specific temperature.