Rate this topic

I have read that Celiac and Candida go hand and hand. If you have one you are more likely to have the other. I dont know if this is true. I would like opinions on this please.

I have read that Celiac and Candida go hand and hand. If you have one you are more likely to have the other. I dont know if this is true. I would like opinions on this please.

I suspect that eating gluten when your body is producing an immune response to it, just makes your body more susceptible to an invader like Candida. I am just reading a book about Candida right now and am contemplating doing the Candida diet for a couple months as I am sure I have that too. Fascinating stuff.

I suspect that eating gluten when your body is producing an immune response to it, just makes your body more susceptible to an invader like Candida. I am just reading a book about Candida right now and am contemplating doing the Candida diet for a couple months as I am sure I have that too. Fascinating stuff.

a bit busy this week; not much time to post...

but, always enough time to get a link out there, especially for scams/quacks/pseudoscience.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelate...cs/candida.html

The American Academy of Allergists and other reputable medical organizations have pointed out, candida can cause an occasional infection or allergy. But no one has shown it causes depression, mood swings or headaches. Further, no one has shown that any diet (inc. yeast- and sugar-free diets) relieve these symptoms.

save your money.

a bit busy this week; not much time to post...

but, always enough time to get a link out there, especially for scams/quacks/pseudoscience.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelate...cs/candida.html

The American Academy of Allergists and other reputable medical organizations have pointed out, candida can cause an occasional infection or allergy. But no one has shown it causes depression, mood swings or headaches. Further, no one has shown that any diet (inc. yeast- and sugar-free diets) relieve these symptoms.

save your money.

Are these the same "reputable medical establishments" that have been telling me there's nothing wrong with me when there obviously is? If so, then I think I'd rather keep reading and making up my own mind! Reading about candida doesn't require me to spend money, thankfully, but seeing multiple doctors and undergoing multiple tests does. I'm still seeking the truth.

So far I self diagnose myself as being celiac, and also yeast intolerance. I notice now since I've been staying away from yeast my tongue has been clearing up from some sort of candida. Though I also try to lower my intake of monosodium glutamate.... and do somewhat suspect of nut or diary intolerance. Though as of now I will just try my best to stay away from gluten and yeast... Right now I'm trying to get my thyroid check, as I also think there is a health problem.... along with being malnutrition.