ravenwoodglass

Mom's With Celiac More Likely To Have Autistic Children

Rate this topic

The article said the new information will help point the scientists to the next set of questions to ask. Mine would be..... Is there a difference in the level of risk if the mother has an active case of celiacs or carries the genes but has not been triggered yet? Is the risk lowered if the mother is gluten free during pregnancy?

In this article they only spoke about children of mother's with celiacs. What about the fathers? Are the children of fathers with celiacs at a higher risk of autism. What if the father is gluten free for a period of time before conception? How long would that period of time have to be?

Somedays I wish the whole world was gluten free.

Me too, I think a lot of illnesses, both physical and mental have a strong relationship with gluten consumption.

The article said the new information will help point the scientists to the next set of questions to ask. Mine would be..... Is there a difference in the level of risk if the mother has an active case of celiacs or carries the genes but has not been triggered yet? Is the risk lowered if the mother is gluten free during pregnancy?

In this article they only spoke about children of mother's with celiacs. What about the fathers? Are the children of fathers with celiacs at a higher risk of autism. What if the father is gluten free for a period of time before conception? How long would that period of time have to be?

I was wondering about all of this as well. Were the children born to celiac mothers who were properly following the diet or not? It doesn't say (unless I missed it), because it seems that is an important factor with so many variables such as accidental or unknown glutenings, which we all know can make a big difference vs the mothers being on a strict as hell 100% gluten-free diet with NO accidents, the entire pregnancy, etc.