GlutenGuy36

Anyone Not Able To Work Because Of Celiac Disease And Related Conditions?

Rate this topic

Just wanting to know if anyone has been feeling rough like me.

There have definitely been times it has effected my work or made me not be able to work. This was all before I even knew I was celiac though and was still eating gluten every day and being deathly ill.

The job I have now as a teaching assistant ijs perfectly suited for me. If I have any intestinal flareups, I can excuse myself and tend to them. However, there are without a doubt, some jobs I could never hold such as assembly line worker, cashier in a busy store, highway worker, etc. I must have a job where I can hit the restoom if necessary. They did put me on a special needs bus for a short time but I started having problems and feeling ill and had to request to be taken off that duty. The ride was 1 1/2-2 hrs. long out throught the country where there were no public restrooms. Thank goodness my principal was so understanding. I was in line to check out a famous chain store one time, and the cashier was begging the supervisor to let her go toe restroom, and the supervisor refused. I thought this was absolutely horrible. (If there are alot of mistakes in this post, I apologize....I'm only wearing one contact!) :huh:

Couldn't work for 10 weeks and after that only half time for a while. If my job had been more a physical one, it would have been even longer.

richard

I've been off work for 3 months after suffering seizures and extreme fatigue, dizziness, etc.

I was only diagnosed earlier this month and am hoping to go back to work in August.

I am slowly starting to feel better, but it has been a very rough journey. I've basically been sick for 7 months with no reprieve and it took them 6 months to figure out why.

Thankfully we've figured it out and I can hopefully start to get better. I hope you do as well.

Just wanting to know if anyone has been feeling rough like me.