foodiegurl

H.pylori, Positive Blood, Negative Biopsy

Rate this topic

Several months ago, I rested positive for h.pylori by bloodwork. I declined the antibiotics because I already have allergies to 3 types, and was scared of the treatment to take 2 different antibiotics 7 times a day for 2 weeks. I felt this would make me feel worse than ever, and if I had a reaction I would not of known which one it was to, and would now have 5 i would not be able to take....anyway....I decided to take licorice root and probiotics to help with any discomfort, and had read that licorice root could help eradicate h.pylori.

I had my endoscopy the other week, and today they told me, I tested negative for h.pylori. So, did I never have it, and test a false-positive, or is it like celiac and maybe they didn't biopsy a part effected by h.pylori, or did it just go away?

I know I did not have an ulcer, so that is good. And I am grateful right now I do not have to take the heavy duty antibiotics, but any ideas why it is negative now?

It is very likely that with your new diet you are much healthier than you were. H. Pylori isn't that uncommon but a healthier gut can resolve many issues. By the way--did you ever try using the licorice root?

Bea

It is very likely that with your new diet you are much healthier than you were. H. Pylori isn't that uncommon but a healthier gut can resolve many issues. By the way--did you ever try using the licorice root?

Bea

Yes, as I mentioned above, I have been taking it regularly. In the beginning, I was taking 2-4 a day, not I take it as needed. It tastes horrible, but did make me feel better.

It probably helped--along with going of the gluten. It may be eventually you won't need to take the de-glycerized licorice at all--or very rarely. It does actually work.

Bea