yogamommytrainer99

Bloated Belly

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with Celiac's disease (again! I was initially diagnosed about 7 years ago and followed a gluten-free diet until I started having children and my improved immune system masked my symptoms until my body returned to normal). With that being said - I have a bloated belly every evening and sometimes into the morning. When does this dissipate? I am a personal trainer/yoga instructor, so I am becoming self-conscious about my balloned abdomen! The doc did mention that I had some severe damage - so I have no frame of reference as to when I should see some improvement!

A great deal of my symptoms cleared up around month 6. I also was at the leaky gut stage. Although you never know-with all of your core concentration, I'm sure you have more muscle control in that area then most of us, maybe that will help mask the bloating a little. I think everyone is different but, if you give your body a chance to heal, I think you will be happy with the results.

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with Celiac's disease (again! I was initially diagnosed about 7 years ago and followed a gluten-free diet until I started having children and my improved immune system masked my symptoms until my body returned to normal). With that being said - I have a bloated belly every evening and sometimes into the morning. When does this dissipate? I am a personal trainer/yoga instructor, so I am becoming self-conscious about my balloned abdomen! The doc did mention that I had some severe damage - so I have no frame of reference as to when I should see some improvement!

I try to eat very small meals, every two hours. I also do not drink any liquid while eating. I stay away from greasy foods, and air filled foods like popcorn and pop. chew your food thoroughly. and eat slowly. dairy seems to be hard on me too. Take some digestive enzymes.

you may be constipated. that will cause bloating. When this happens to me, I eat ground flax seed (lots) on kefir or yogurt. I will also try to eat some of Bob's Red Mill gluten free grain products or some brown rice with the husks on them - for some reason eating this kind of bulk makes me go. Coffee will help you too. Don't take over the counter meds for constipation as they are generally glutened and are really hard on the stomach.

all the best. I know it is hard to be pregnant looking when you're not, and in great shape.