purple

Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

Rate this topic

I just made this...YUM!

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/0...ce-cream-2.html

I read that you can buy coconut milk at the Asian store alot cheaper...gotta do that and make MORE!

I also discovered this recipe about 3 weeks ago, and it is fabulous!! I substituted almond extract, and added fresh cherry halves, and some slivered almonds. I made it with an expensive can of Thai coconut milk, and also Imperial Dragon Coconut Milk from Walmart ($1.32). In my opinion, there was no difference in the taste. The cheaper brand worked just fine. The recipe shows a soft serve ice cream...I froze it and prefer "hard" serve.

I also discovered this recipe about 3 weeks ago, and it is fabulous!! I substituted almond extract, and added fresh cherry halves, and some slivered almonds. I made it with an expensive can of Thai coconut milk, and also Imperial Dragon Coconut Milk from Walmart ($1.32). In my opinion, there was no difference in the taste. The cheaper brand worked just fine. The recipe shows a soft serve ice cream...I froze it and prefer "hard" serve.

I was thinking of adding nuts too, next time! Almond sounds good instead of the vanilla.

My dh said "MAKE MORE" ! :P

I like it any way as long as its chocolate...mm ;)

I tried it plain with some canned peaches. The coconut overpowers the peach flavor...needs some tweaking. Fresh peaches would help.

I may try it plain or choc with fresh picked wild black caps, should be ripe next week.

You could also try adding crushed hard peppermint candies, or M&M's, if the ingredients are not a digestive problem.

The ice cream makers were on clearance for $18.00. :D So we made the Chocolate coconut milk ice cream last night and it was a hit! Even my picky 17yr old who does not have dietary restrictions said it tasted like Bear Claw ice cream.

Thanks Everyone!