Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vmabarak

Constipation And Small Intestinal Cleanse

I have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease and I am fairly certain that I also have candida. I have had chronic bad constipation for years and have gained significant weight even though I consume minimal calories and get regular exercise. I think it might be helpful for me to do an intestinal cleanse for my small intestine and I would like to know what small intestinal cleanse products may have been tried that were successful.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the board. I find it so comforting to know so many people here who are going through the same thing as I am. I had constipation for years and its my early warning symptom for when I accidentally eat gluten. Yeast infections in females is common in Celiacs who are not gluten-free and other symptoms of Sjogren's syndrome. I was careful to take acidopholus for awhile but pretty much just let myself heal. I drink green tea, licorice tea and take ginger. All are good for the digestive tract. It did take months to feel healed but the symptoms that have gone away have suprised me. I did not realize my yeast infections, asthma, hypoglycemia, and sore neck would go away.

How are you doing? How long have you been gluten free and how is it going? Are you finding the lists of OK foods, drugs... in the info section of this website? Are your symptoms getting better?

Good luck and good health. I know someone else will have more to say about healing your small intestines.

Leslie