no-more-muffins

Wal-mart Brand's "gluten Free" Labeling

Rate this topic

I have been noticing that Wal-mart's "Great Value" brand has very clear labeling when products are gluten free. I just wondered if anyone had ever had reactions to any of the foods labeled "gluten free" by the "Great Value" brand. I am hoping that it is a trustworthy thing. It is SO nice to pick up a package of something and see the words "gluten free". It makes things so much easier.

Most of their stuff has worked fine for me..so far. I can't eat much of it anyway because of all my other intolerances.

I did notice their Ground Cinnamon is not labeled Gluten Free, but it doesn't have ingredients listed either. I thought since ingredients weren't listed, it was simply cinnamon, but I do think it may have wheat flour or something as a filler because I reacted to it. Boo! (I should have stayed away without a "Gluten Free" label)

I get the Great Value items off and on. I haven't had a problem yet wtih them (knock on wood) =)

I have noticed that some items where the ingredients look fine (where you would think it is gluten free), they have a note that it is processed in a facility that also does wheat and _____ so they do not lable these gluten free.

When I get one of their gluten free label items I always read the ingredients though to double check and also of course look for other things I can't have.

I haven't had a problem, either. I think it's wonderful that a big chain store is becoming more aware of our dietary needs.

My Walmart has an actual gluten-free section with Tinkyada pasta, Bob's Red Mill and Pamela's products plus Glutino crackers and pretzles........all much cheaper than anywhere else. I have always bee a big Walmart person anyway, now I love them more. My guess is they will have the Betty Crocker mixes before long too. There is a reason that they are the most popular person with lots of people.

Barbara

I've never had any problem with their gluten-free labeled products. And really, I love Wal-Mart for what they've done w/ labeling. It proves that EVERY big food company can do it.

Thank you, Wal-Mart!

I neveer had any problems with their gluten free foods.com.