jasonD2

Need To Increase My Protein

Rate this topic

and its difficult to eat meat all day. can anyone recommend a good way to increase my protein intake? are there any supplements/powders that are easy to digest & free of allergens?

thx

choose other foods higher in protein. beans/legumes, whole (gluten-free) grains, soy (in moderation), dairy (if you can have it), eggs, nuts/seeds, plenty of whole vegetables. with that, and eating meat once or twice a day, you don't need supplements to get to 100-120g of protein a day.

there are gluten free protein powders out there aplenty. do you have other restrictions besides gluten?

yeah cant do soy, eggs or dairy either. Beans and nuts seem to constipate me :(

I have seen a rice whey powder in Raleys. Know nothing about its protein content. Perhaps make smoothies with almond or hemp milk, bananas, etc. etc.

Quinoa has a lot more protein in it than many other grains. How about fish? Tuna on gluten-free rice crackers?

I bought some rice protein powder but haven't used it yet because like you, I can't have eggs or dairy and those are two foods it is commonly put in.

You might try chia seeds. Mix them with water to a gel, let sit overnight and eat a few spoonfuls. They really keep me going.