oceangirl

Yikes! How Did My Personal Phone # And Address Get Onto My Personal Profile?

Rate this topic

Hi.

I don't know what just happened but, I changed my avatar and just happened to look at my personal profile and saw that not only is my address listed, but my phone number as well! I really need this info OFF of the website as soon as possible! PLEASE help?

lisa

Relax and take a breath.

You saw them because you are you, and you are signed in at the moment (this is done via certain cookies).

That information is not visible to guests, nor to board members, nor even to moderators. Only you will see it.

Thank you, Peter- that just freaked me out!

lisa

:lol: Don't feel bad, Lisa!!! The first time I saw that, I immediately contacted Scott to make sure there wasn't some kind of snafu with the board. :D

Is it possible to have some kind of note somewhere that says that the personal info isn't visible to others (or maybe it's already there and I didn't see it)? That concerned me, too, the first time I viewed my profile.

You also never have to put that information in there. Mine is blank (even to me). Says "no information".

Tiffany,

I've never filled in those spaces but in order to first post (or something- kind of fuzzy here as Michael is the computer whiz in this house and I didn't do this...) I had to log that info somewhere- that's why it was so surprising. Thank you everyone for the clarity!

lisa

At first I thought that my PI was visible to everyone until I read this! Whew... :wacko:

I saw that too and it freaked me out too! But, I had made up all the information, LOL. I hope I don't get kicked off the board for revealing that, but I never give out my real name address and phone to any website! So once I saw that it was all my made up information, I never bothered asking if it was visible to others. I'm glad it's NOT tho, just the same!