Guest caz

Dh Rash?

Rate this topic

Guest caz

Hi-Im just wondering for those who had DH- would you describe it as 'incredibly itchy'? Everything I read about it is the intensiveness of the itch.

My 7yo was scoped 1 1/2 yrs ago to check for coeliacs (my mother had it and he is +ve for one of the genes). He's had vague coeliac type symptoms from about 6 months of age. His gastroscope showed no coeliacs but eosinophilic oesophagitis (which could also account for all his symptoms)...however...he has this ongoing rash on his bottom-both sides-looks eczema like but NOT horribly itchy...it doesnt ever go away-its not new and doesnt change with different washing powders etc-because its not itchy or bothersome I didnt even mention it on his last check up.

He's booked in for another gastroscope in a couple of weeks and I'll be interested to see what it shows this time (particuarly on the coeliac side of things)-I was wondering if this rash sounds like DH?

anyway-thanks for your thoughts.

caz-twin boys 7

J-recent anaphylaxis to barley, and sunflower, allergic to rye grain, soy, dustmites grasses, asthma eczema hayfever...and ongoing swollen lips-not sure what to..awaiting more tests

c-eosinophilic oesophagitis.

mother-RIP- coeliac disease-poorly managed-enteropathy associated t-cell lymphoma.

Doesn't sound like my DH. Everybody I know who has had DH describes it as terribly itchy. Worse than poison ivy. And mine appeared as blisters filled with clear fluid -- sort of like a burn.

Following the next gastro -- but NOT before -- you could always elect to make him gluten-free and see what happens. If various symptoms improve, you have your answer.

richard

Guest caz
Following the next gastro -- but NOT before -- you could always elect to make him gluten-free and see what happens. If various symptoms improve, you have your answer.

richard

thanks richard-everything I have read too says the 'itchiness' is a big feature-just wanted to check-it doesnt bother him at all-wouldnt go gluten free to check unless it was problematic-we have enough food restrictions due to allergies as it is lol! (barley,rye ,soy, all nuts, sunflower, sesame,-we LOVE wheat! :lol: )

cheers and thanks