UnhappyCoeliac

Burger With No Bun Ate Like A Steak With Knife And Fork

Rate this topic

Rules the only nice gluten-free food I have found.

Anyone routinely do this. In melbourne I can tell when the clerk doesnt look at me like I am s weirdo she has dealt with rpevious celiacs ordering maccas without the bun

Oh, you are not alone!

In my wilder youth I dated a beligian for a couple of years. He used to call this (and I am probably butchering the French) Steak hache grille (accent on the e's, which he pronounced.)

So you are really doing a very sophisticated French thing! Let them look and learn. :D

We do this all the time! When my now 11 year old went gluten-free earlier this year, I offered to buy him buns and to take a bun with us to the restaurant but he said no thanks. Can't blame him as the gluten-free buns aren't that great. He had tried some of mine before he went gluten-free. He'd rather go without. I do it now too because I can't have the carbs.

There are infinite variations you can do with this too. I like to make a teriaki burger by adding a little sesame oil, chopped green onions, soy sauce,a smootch of brown sugar, salt and pepper. I like this with a sweet and sour sauce.

And if you want a nice breakfast sandwich, you can take two gluten-free waffles, put some gluten-free sausages on them and a fried or scrambled egg. Better than any fast food out there! My mom puts maple syrup on hers for kicks.

All the time. This was a very common meal in our house when I as growing up. Hamburger patty, canned peas and lettuce salad.

Here, a lot of places are wrapping the burger in lettuce, sometimes serving it with tomato and onion. I don't like this because it wilts the lettuce. I have also seen a hamburger salad. Burger patty served on a green salad.