Rate this topic

Is Ezekiel cereal gluten free? My friend swears they are because they contain "sprouted whole grain wheat," "sprouted malted barley," etc.

I told her it is NOT gluten free for sure. Plus, it's a Food For Life product, and they clearly label their food gluten free.

Can anyone help?

Not gluten free. I don't know why these people think the gluten goes away when it is sprouted.

Dont think Ezekiel makes anything thats gluten free. sprouted and barley will make us sick.

Ken

Is Ezekiel cereal gluten free? My friend swears they are because they contain "sprouted whole grain wheat," "sprouted malted barley," etc.

I told her it is NOT gluten free for sure. Plus, it's a Food For Life product, and they clearly label their food gluten free.

Can anyone help?

Dont think Ezekiel makes anything thats gluten free. sprouted and barley will make us sick.

Ken

They do have a gluten free line. I haven't been able to find them in my local grocer. They have a list of products on their site. They make gluten free breads and tortillas.

Breads:

White Rice

Rice Almond

Raisin Pecan

Whole Grain Brown Rice

Rice Pecan

Whole Grain Bhutanese Red Rice Bread

Multiseed Rice Bread

Tortillas:

Whole Grain Brown Rice Tortillas

Organic Sprouted Whole Kernel Flourless Corn Tortillas

Thanks daphniela

We have so many of their products here in Kona but nothing that is gluten-free so I had guessed they didnt make it.

Funny since the stores carry so many other gluten-free items.

Ken

They do have a gluten free line. I haven't been able to find them in my local grocer. They have a list of products on their site. They make gluten free breads and tortillas.

Breads:

White Rice

Rice Almond

Raisin Pecan

Whole Grain Brown Rice

Rice Pecan

Whole Grain Bhutanese Red Rice Bread

Multiseed Rice Bread

Tortillas:

Whole Grain Brown Rice Tortillas

Organic Sprouted Whole Kernel Flourless Corn Tortillas

Thanks daphniela

We have so many of their products here in Kona but nothing that is gluten-free so I had guessed they didnt make it.

Funny since the stores carry so many other gluten-free items.

Ken

You're not really missing much. I usually skip over the Food for Life brand; I haven't tried one that I found to be very... shall we say, palatable. :lol:

You're not really missing much. I usually skip over the Food for Life brand; I haven't tried one that I found to be very... shall we say, palatable. :lol:

Thanks -- Being hit with bad diabetes a few months ago I've ben skipping over everything.

This is not the way I wanted to loose weight!

ken