jasonD2

Could I Have Mercury Poisoning?

Rate this topic

Never occurred to me that some of my symptoms could be caused by mercury in my fillings but I just had an idea.

A few years ago I remember suddenly developing pressure headaches after eating certain foods and would also experience a dazed/lethargic kinda sensation. It seemed to bother me the most with acidic foods and fermented foods but I then noticed a lot of other foods caused the problem as well. I feel like its gotten a bit better but its still there. I initially attributed it to food sensitivities as a result of my gluten problem. The first real food I noticed it with was cilantro...i remember at one point I decided to try to do a heavy metal cleanse and was taking cilantro & chlorella supplements, but had to stop cause of the headaches..weeks later I started getting these dull pressure headaches from a variety of foods and then they never went away

Could it be possible that whenever i eat certain foods it releases mercury from my fillings? My dentist said amalgam fillings are safe and that if I were to have them removed it would cost a lot of money and the replacement fillings would fracture my teeth in the long run. I only have 3 fillings now and 1 the size of a nail head. Should I look into this and maybe get tested for mercury? I actually had a hair analysis a few yrs ago and my hair mercury level was a bit high.

Sure, it's possible--but did those symptoms begin when your fillings were first installed? Or were the symptoms more recent?

Cilantro is supposed to bind with mercury in small amounts--I wonder if it decided to bind with the mercury in your fillings, and if that was why your headaches got worse.

Do you drink diet sodas, or eat anything with Aspartame (artificial sweetener) or even chew gum with Aspartame in it? That has been shown to cause a whole list of symptoms that include all of yours.

Also, tuna is terrible!!! It makes my fathers throat swell shut.... :blink: