mindyandy420

Has Anybody Been Diagnosed W/out Weight Loss?

Rate this topic

I was wondering how many have been diagnosed w/out having the weightloss issue. I understand that weightloss is a symptom but not necessarly.

Thanks guys!

I had no weight loss. I, also, had no digestive symptoms. I was diagnosed because I had osteoporosis, anemia and was lactose intolerant. My doctor was savvy enough to put that all together and test for Celiac Disease. She thought I was bleeding internally because I was extremely anemic and after nothing showed up during my colonoscopy, she did an endoscopy and ran bloodwork. I am very thankful she is my doctor.

I was wondering how many have been diagnosed w/out having the weightloss issue. I understand that weightloss is a symptom but not necessarly.

Thanks guys!

I had neither weight loss or excessive weight gain. I had gradual weight gain over 20 years that was attributed to, "You need to exercise more, you need to eat better," etc, etc. Since I have been gluten,casein,soy,starch, and sucrose free I have lost 30# in the last three months. I haven't been able to stop the gradual weight gain for 20 years. just a lb here and there, but I was 185 when I was 19 and three months ago I was 260.

I was diagnosed without weightloss.

I was never one of the obvious wasting-away celiacs. Skinny as a kid, yes, but at time of diagnosis (in my 50s) a good 25 lbs overweight. As I've met more celiacs at local meetings, etc., I've discovered I'm really not the exception. Most were more like me.

When I was my sickest, I was my heaviest. Many, maybe even half of all celiacs/gluten intolerant are overweight. It always used to state that one symptom was weight loss, now they are finally updating that to state, weight loss/gain.

I lost 60# after going gluten free. I belong to a huge support group, and we get new members all the time, most are not the skinny, malnourished looking type.

I lost 10 lb before my endoscopy (about 1 month) but I think I was worring about it. That said I was overweight before diagnosis, then lost that 10 lb, and after going gluten free have gained it back and a few more. :(

I had always been very stable in my weight as an adult (toward low end of "normal" range by BMI or gov't weight charts). Then, just before (self) diagnosis, gained 5 pounds that wouldn't go away, then creeping to 7 lbs. Never felt full, no matter how much I ate. And quite bloated.

Lost the 7 lbs in I swear 10 days once I went gluten-free. Actually feel full after I eat. And no more bloat (unless I get glutened).

I was overweight and still am but I have lost 11 pounds this year. At least I can lose now, before it was almost impossible.