Coconutmilk

Generally Unwell And Biopsy

Rate this topic

Hello everyone I am 20yrs old from england and i joined these forums a couple of days ago to learn about celiacs.

I had a positive blood test for celiacs a while back and tomorrow have an assessment, where i will find out when my biopsy is. The thing is though, i am feeling really bad at the moment, having fevers needing to have bowel movements urgently up to 10times a day, these always give me abdominal pain and the stools are often very pale and always with blood and mucus (sorry if too much information). I am still eating gluten so as not to make the biopsy a false negative.

I was just wondering if people had this too and whether my symptoms are normal for celiacs, or could there be other causes contributing too?

Also im very nervous about the biopsy can anybody share their experience and tell me what i might expect.

Thanks for your time

Emma

Welcome, Emma. I too was very nervous about the biopsy but it was a piece of cake with no scarey stuff and no afteraffects. I would do it again in a minute. Don't let it bother you.

Your symptoms do sound typical but that doesn't mean there can't be something else going on. But celiac disease is a big deal and should be tested first. It sounds like your dr's are doing you right on that. Ask them just how little gluten you should be eating before you biopsy. Maybe you can have a little less than what you are currently eating.

I'm sorry you're feeling so unwell. I hope your test is scheduled quickly so you can start your recovery.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and advice, your words are honestly so comforting to hear. I will speak to my doctors and find out whether i can eat less, as i usually eat gluten within two meals a day at least. I hope this is the only problem as I will be happy to stop eating gluten to feel better, just get scared as i cant help but want answers sooner, as my mum has suffered with problems all her life.

Thanks again, i will remember what you have said.

Emma