This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Enjoy Life Soft And Chewy Snack Bars

SGWhiskers

SGWhiskers Collaborator

I was so excited to find these at Kroger yesterday. I opened the caramel appel in the car. Not only did it look like a dog biscuit, it tasted like cardboard. Tonight, I gave the cocoa loco a try. Chocolate cardboard. Now, the aftertaste is good and I'm craving another one dispite the flavorless cardboard texture. I'm also thinking of ways to use them in another dish. Ice cream and brownies? Crust for cinnamon apples. I just so dissappointed in my purchase.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hannahp57 Contributor

i boght some and share your sentiments. i'm not sure what to do with them. they arent even dry enough to make a cookie crumb crust for cheesecake.. ...mmmm.... <_< maybe a mix in at coldstone? but they arent sweet like a brownie. so far i have them on reserve for those times im oiut and about with NO gluten free options. after being hungry for a few hours cardboard isnt so daunting :lol:

The Fluffy Assassin Enthusiast
I was so excited to find these at Kroger yesterday. I opened the caramel appel in the car. Not only did it look like a dog biscuit, it tasted like cardboard. Tonight, I gave the cocoa loco a try. Chocolate cardboard. Now, the aftertaste is good and I'm craving another one dispite the flavorless cardboard texture. I'm also thinking of ways to use them in another dish. Ice cream and brownies? Crust for cinnamon apples. I just so dissappointed in my purchase.

Let's start the Gluten Free Tastes Like Soil Hall of Shame. Enjoy Life's No Oatmeal Oatmeal Cookies are definitely on there, too. All Glutino's energy bars-- oh my badness. What else? Everybody play!

FMcGee Explorer

Aw maaaaan, I just bought some of those to take to Ecuador with me. Le sigh.

I, for one, do not want to get within 17 yards of Ener-G bread. Ever. Again. *Shudders*

Oh, have any of you ever tried the Hol-Grain brown rice "crackers"? They taste... worse than soil. I can't even call them crackers without the quotes, because I'm not entirely sure they were meant to be eaten.

jerseyangel Proficient
Oh, have any of you ever tried the Hol-Grain brown rice "crackers"? They taste... worse than soil. I can't even call them crackers without the quotes, because I'm not entirely sure they were meant to be eaten.

:lol: I tried those once, way back when.....you could use em to tile a roof!

However, I admit I do like the Enjoy Life Coco Loco bars :ph34r: I always keep a few in my purse--they go good with my tea at Starbucks. I think I've convinced myself they taste like a brownie.....The apple ones do tase like cardboard, though, as do the no-oatmeal cookies.

bittykitty Rookie

Enjoy Life bagles.6 dollars a bag,the size of a nickle, and the texture of a dish sponge.I think that was the end of my attempting to purchase"replacement" breads.

curlyfries Contributor

I agree on the Enjoy Life bars........don't even remember what flavor I tried way back when. Can't stand their granola cereal either.

Oh....and Glutino frozen pizza crusts......blech!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I like the caramel apple ones. ;) I think of them more as 'food bars' than 'snack bars'. (Think clif bar...)

FMcGee Explorer

I tried an Envirokids peanut butter rice bar last night, in the name of research. It was surprisingly big for the caloric value, and wasn't bad, but didn't really feel like it was doing much for me nutritionally. I could live without ever having another one, but it could grow on me.

I don't mind the Glutino frozen pizza crusts, but it's been so long since I had regular pizza that I'm not sure I appreciate what I'm missing. That said, I probably won't be buying them again any time soon, because they're not good enough to warrant the price.

Archived