forester7

Ice Cream Cones: Any In Maine, New Hampshire, Or New Brunswick?

Rate this topic

I am trying to find gluten-free ice cream cones. I found some online, but with shipping included, they would be ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know of any stores in Maine, New Hampshire, or New Brunswick that would carry them?

Thanks!

Matt

I am trying to find gluten-free ice cream cones. I found some online, but with shipping included, they would be ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know of any stores in Maine, New Hampshire, or New Brunswick that would carry them?

Thanks!

Matt

Matt,

I am sure I saw the ice cream cones mentioned in the previous post at the health food store on Congress St in Portsmouth, NH near Tracy Anello's gluten free cafe.

Bev

Wow! Have any of you guys tried Aneillo's gluten-free cafe? I've been wanting to but still gun-shy.. Right now I've been mysteriously glutened, so it won't be in the near future but I'm SO glad it's there! What ice creams do you eat? (Hope I'm not hijacking the thread-don't mean to...)

lisa

Wow! Have any of you guys tried Aneillo's gluten-free cafe? I've been wanting to but still gun-shy.. Right now I've been mysteriously glutened, so it won't be in the near future but I'm SO glad it's there! What ice creams do you eat? (Hope I'm not hijacking the thread-don't mean to...)

lisa

Lisa,

Anello's is a celiac's dream! Everything is safe to eat. We enjoyed the sandwiches on asiago rolls and the desserts...too numerous to mention. You owe it to yourself to stop in when you are feeling better.

Most ice creams are safe (with the exception of things like cookie dough)...I stick with the brands that have the fewest ingredients...Breyers for example. There are many safe ice creams out there, but I always read the label.

Bev

Bev,

Thank you so much! I WILL try it when I get brave again; I'm one of those unbelievably super-sensitive celiacs and it's no fun- sometimes I'd just rather not eat at all.

You are from my Greek grandmother and grandfather's home after Greece- I love Manchester.

lisa

Matt,

Do you like to cook? I forgot to mention I went crazy last year looking for cones. I think another poster on this forum mentioned making your own cones with a Pizzelle maker. I can send you the recipe if you like. I found the pizzelle maker on line at Amazon. It takes some practice but worked out well and it only takes a few ingredients.

Bev

Dover Natural Foods & Cafe - Dover, NH, 03820 - Citysearch

Rated 4.0 out of 5.0

1 review

Apr 1, 2009 ... Dover Natural Foods & Cafe in Dover. Come to Citysearch

I just found some also at stop and shop in Amesbury, MA (about half hr. south of Kittery) but maybe if there is a stop and shop near you they would carry it also.

I just found some also at stop and shop in Amesbury, MA (about half hr. south of Kittery) but maybe if there is a stop and shop near you they would carry it also.

Stop & Shop in Brooklyn, NY, also has gluten free sugar cocoa ice cream cones, by Goldbaum's.

Goldbaum's gluten free sugar cones are delicious. Can't believe I stumbled upon them in the Demoulas' Market Basket for only $2.50. They taste and look just like the regular gluten sugar cones. I don't know if they are widely available. I purchased them in the North Andover, MA store today. This Market Basket seemed to have a wide variety of gluten free products compared to my usual store. The whole line of Bell and Evans chicken products were there, as well as an incredible array of Bob's Red Mill products.

Someone mentioned making your own and I just tried that for the first time recently. My dh gave me a gift certificate to William Sonoma for Christmas so I used it to buy a waffle cone maker. Took a little practice and experimenting, but they came out really well. Kids were thrilled. I've seen cones for sale, but they are always so expensive and this really didn't take much time. I was really surprised at how well they turned out and how easy it was once I got the hang of it.

Paulette