rebe09

Going Camping!

Rate this topic

I will be attending a camp for school that food is already provided for. I got a hold of the menu and will be bringing quite a bit of my own food. One thing I want is a good treat to have when all the other campers are munching on yummy food. I want to be sure I bring a good treat and not be disappointed when I open it up and it eat. Any good treat ideas (cookies for example) for me? :) Thanks.

Take the snacks you already enjoy. Will you access to a fridge & freezer? Most places will allow you to keep a few speciality foods . If I were a young person I would take chips & dip, pretzels, candy, twinkies ( homemade) , choc.chip cookies, ice cream sandwich all homemade of course. That is what our kids take for football camp.

I also check the menu for the week & pack, cereal, bread, muffins for breakfast. Lunch & supper I usually send deli meats , cheese, beef jerky. Supper is pizza, chicken nuggets , hot dogs, burgers. Many times they have salads & veggies plus fruit available.

You can order GoPicnic lunchables that are gluten-free from their site.

Protein bars, comfort bars or zing bars are the favs at our house.

Oberto beef jerky plain is gluten-free. They do have a few flavors as well but we just get plain.

Gary West Meats has snack meats gluten-free that are very tasty.

hth

mamaw

I will be attending a camp for school that food is already provided for. I got a hold of the menu and will be bringing quite a bit of my own food. One thing I want is a good treat to have when all the other campers are munching on yummy food. I want to be sure I bring a good treat and not be disappointed when I open it up and it eat. Any good treat ideas (cookies for example) for me? :) Thanks.

Just about anything from Pamela's Products is outstanding. Before giving up dairy, I loved the Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chunk cookies. Also their brownie mix is superlative. The very rare gluten-free products that you can share with non-celiacs and actually make them jealous.:)

lol, here I was thinking dried mangoes. (they are *REALLY* good...)