ChemistMama

Mcdonalds New Angus Burger

Rate this topic

Last year I took my son to McD's when it wasn't busy and an employee was familiar with celiac and prepared my son a burger, no bun. Now mcD's has come out with a new Angus burger, check out the ingredients:

Angus Beef Patty:

100% Angus beef. Prepared with Grill Seasoning (salt, black pepper) and Angus Burger Seasoning: Salt, sugar, dextrose, onion powder, maltodextrin, natural butter flavor (dairy source), autolyzed yeast extract, spices, garlic powder, vegetable protein (hydrolyzed corn, soy and wheat), natural (animal, plant and botanical source) and artificial flavors, dried beef broth, sunflower oil, caramel color, partially hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oil, gum arabic, soy sauce solids (wheat, soybean, salt, maltodextrin, caramel color), palm oil, worcestershire sauce powder [distilled vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, salt, caramel color, garlic powder, sugar, spices, tamarind, natural flavor (fruit source)], beef fat, annatto and turmeric (color), calcium silicate and soybean oil (prevent caking).

CONTAINS: MILK, SOY AND WHEAT

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionex...ngredients.html

We've only been there twice in the last 2 years, but for sure now I won't be going there for a burger for him because of the CC risk. This is just a FYI for those of you who were brave enough to order a burger w/o bun there.

I"ll make my burgers at home, thank you! ;)

:huh: As has been said before.... Where's the beef ?

:huh: As has been said before.... Where's the beef ?

:lol::lol::lol: Honestly!

Thanks for the info. Was going to get one but figured I would research it first! Wendy's it is

I wouldn't. Of course the McD burger without as bun is absolutely AWFUL anyway, so why bother? Best one I've had is the Hardee's Low-Carb Thickburger. SOOO much better than McD or even Wendy's.

richard

Maybe we've been lucky. That's the only burger that we buy at McD's and we haven't had a problem at all. So, I guess we'll just switch to the quarter pounder--tastes the same anyhow.

You had me worried so I am posting the nutrition from the McDonald's website. I will still be eating the Angus and no wonder I didn't get sick.

Angus Deluxe

100% Angus Beef Patty

100% Angus beef. Prepared with Grill Seasoning (salt, black pepper) and Angus Burger Seasoning: Salt, sugar, onion powder, natural (botanical source) and artificial flavors, maltodextrin, natural beef flavor [beef broth, yeast extract, maltodextrin, salt, lactic acid, natural flavor (plant source), beef fat, citric acid], spice, dextrose, autolyzed yeast extract, garlic powder, dried beef extract, sunflower oil, caramel color, worcestershire sauce powder [distilled vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, salt, caramel color, garlic powder, sugar, spices, tamarind, natural flavor (fruit source)], spice extractives, annatto and turmeric (color), calcium silicate and soybean oil added to prevent caking.

I followed the link in the original post, and that page now contains the ingredient list in the post right before this one. So it looks like the Angus Burger did at one time contain gluten, but has now been reformulated and no longer does. Keep in mind, also, that that list is for the United States and other countries may vary.

The Angus seasoning may not contain wheat now, but what about all the other foods they cook on the same grill? Looking at the nutrition info linked, there are quite a few foods that have wheat and could be cooked on the same grill surface. Flipped with the same spatula, maybe put on a wheat bun with the same spatula? I wouldn't eat there.

• Upvote 1

I looked again, and while there are many items that contain gluten, none of them would be on the grill. The buns, of course, are made with wheat flour, but they are not placed on the grill. The other items with wheat are deep fried in the back in fryers which are separate from those at the front that process the french fries and hash browns.

Make your own decision, but McDonalds has very clear rules about keeping things where they belong. The cross-contamination risk exists, but they make an effort to minimize it. The biggest risk, as I see it, is in the packaging, not the cooking.

I'm bumping this thread..when I posted in July 2009 the angus burger contained wheat, and 6 months later they changed the seasonings, which I only found out about now! My non-gluten-free daughter wants to go there, and since my gluten-free son wanted a toy and apple dippers, I decided to re-check the allergy info. I was wondering if anyone else has been brave enough to order a burger sans bun at McDonalds lately.