wilkjo1

New And Frustrated

Rate this topic

I have to boys who are casein, gluten, soy, and everything else free, so you would think I would be a whiz already with my diagnosis, but no. I have only been at this for myself for two months. I went from creamer to soy milk in my coffee and from my whey protein powder to soy. I am thinking I may have a problem with soy since I am bloated up. The gluten caused esophogeal spasms. The dairy causes that and bloating. I am wondering once you finally figure out all the things that cause something, how long does it take your gut to heal? My boys were metal poisoned and autistic so their issue is a little different. My husband has many IGE allergies as well as the boys. I am clear for IGE, but what a pair my husband and I make. :rolleyes: Any info on how long it will take before I no longer look nine months pregnant while only weighing 105lbs would be appreciated.

Hi, New and Frustrated, I am Older and Grumpy. I still cannot handle well being outside when it is over 110

I read somewhere that if your intolerant to milk, their is a good possiblity you will be intolerant to soy. I would avoid the soy and stick to coconut and almond milk. Check the labels on the almond milk many of them contain soy.

Hey guys, thanks so much for responding. I will definetly avoid the soy and see what happens. I am well versed in the gluten free part of the diet and such, because of the boys. We even mill our own flour. I still can't figure out why this all happened. Are you guys hypothyroid as well? What other foods have given you problems?

I disagree that just because you are lactose intolerant you also cannot tolerate soy. I've lactose intolerant for 33 years but have used soy daily for many years. If you can't handle soy, but don't assume you can't unless you try it. If you like it like I do, it's a good solution and available in any grocery store.

Many people reported that it takes some time for their bloating to go down. Are you sure you are avoiding dairy completely? Are you getting some sneaky gluten in an unexpected way?

I disagree that just because you are lactose intolerant you also cannot tolerate soy. I've lactose intolerant for 33 years but have used soy daily for many years. If you can't handle soy, but don't assume you can't unless you try it. If you like it like I do, it's a good solution and available in any grocery store.

Many people reported that it takes some time for their bloating to go down. Are you sure you are avoiding dairy completely? Are you getting some sneaky gluten in an unexpected way?

Hi, Unfortunately since I have stayed away from soy the last four days the bloating is gone. I did like the soy milk a lot. I dropped the dairy shortly after the gluten, because it also caused esophogeal spasms. In the meantime my boys are a lot happier, because Mom is like them just for a little different reason. I am hoping that the dairy is temporary for me. The doc said if my villi heal that I may be able to have the dairy again. From the blogs I have seen, I am not so sure about that. I am going to check into hazelnut milk. Almond milk is ok, but watery. I know if any gluten were getting in my boys would be sick, so I think were ok there. I even changed my make up to gluten free. My boys react through skin absorption and I wasn't sure if I would. How long before your stomach healed?