balmerhon

Help! Ds Won't Take Miralax!

Rate this topic

And his endoscopy is Tuesday! We started him on it today, along with the clear diet and he's pretty much refused it. He was supposed to have 3 doses at 4, 6 and 8 and I've barely got one in him. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow but thought I'd see if anyone else has any ideas.

DS only drinks milk and water usually. I tried the Miralax with juice and he refused it. Then I tried it with water but he's only had a small amount.

The clear diet is ok. He's eating lots of jello jigglers and popsicles. But he's starving. But the Miralax is just not happening...

what about mixing it in with a small amount of jello jiglers to eat and make sure you know which ones....... just a thought. I know my daughter did not do well with it either except later in milk...

And his endoscopy is Tuesday! We started him on it today, along with the clear diet and he's pretty much refused it. He was supposed to have 3 doses at 4, 6 and 8 and I've barely got one in him. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow but thought I'd see if anyone else has any ideas.

DS only drinks milk and water usually. I tried the Miralax with juice and he refused it. Then I tried it with water but he's only had a small amount.

The clear diet is ok. He's eating lots of jello jigglers and popsicles. But he's starving. But the Miralax is just not happening...

Why a clear diet and miralax. My daughter was scoped and she just had to not eat anything after midnight?

Sorry I'm late to replying here.

The clear diet/miralax is standard here as far as I know. They were also checking for more than celiac, so that might have something to do with it.

Just in case anyone else ever has this problem...

When I talked to the doc, they had us try magnesium citrate, which also was refused (my kid is nothing if not consistent!). So then we had to try the ExLax chocolate squares. Needless to say, chocolate did the trick. The doc was worried it wouldn't clean him out enough, but she seemed happy enough after the procedure. Unfortunately he is still showing the effects of it - I shudder to think how the stronger stuff would have affected him.