LisaaaNoel

gluten-free Hot Sauce?

Rate this topic

I'm still learning! I'm looking for a gluten free hot sauce that I can find in the regular grocery store..

I have Kroger brand but I'm hesitant to use it without knowing. The ingrediets are:

Aged Cayenne Red Peppers

Distilled Vinegar

Salt

Xanthan gum

dehydrated garlic

?? thanks!

I use Tabasco all the time. Here's a post about it: Tabasco thread

It's not common in the US, but I have verified that Nando's is gluten-free, if you get the imported (made in South Africa) stuff. I'm not sure if they manufacture it elsewhere anyway.

Thank you! :)

Learning all this new stuff can be so frustrating. I'm trying to find a good gluten free corn tortilla too. I have the kroger brand of those as well (can you tell what my favorite store is? haha) I don't see any obvious gluten ingredients but I'm not sure about some of the preservatives. Anyone care to help me, pllleaaase? :P I tried calling the 1800 number but she said the nutritionist isn't in at the moment. :(

INGREDIENTS:

Ground corn treated with lime

water

cellulose gum

proionic acid

benzoic acid

phoshoric acid

dextrose

guar gum

amylase

This board is so great and helpful!

Kroger is really helpfull. I have called in the past and the person wasn't available at the time so I left a message and they called back later.

Our household isn't a big hot sauce fan but we use La Victoria taco sauce (they list gluten free on their bottles)

Good luck

Where do you live? In California there are a few brands that are just corn (masa), water, and sometimes lime. A couple say gluten free on the package.

I generally buy tortillas from trader joe's or whole foods. They have the handmade style, which are better. They don't keep as long, but that's because they have less junk in them.

I love Hot sauce! Frank's is the best and gluten free. It has great taste and is hot enough without burning off your taste buds. The fact that it has flavor makes it the best. A lot of hot sauces have heat but not flavor.

http://www.franksredhot.com/faq.php

I use Texas Pete!!

This is the brand of hot sauce I use with no problem Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce and the brand of corn tortillia I use are La Banderita Ricas. I like the torillas because they do not fall apart I only have to use one at a time. I got the tortillia at Walmart but I am sorry I don't remember where I got the hot sauce, it might of be Kroger. I know that if you are looking for a for ench. sauce kroger brand in gluten free and taste good.