Diva1

Help Me With Chicken Broth

Rate this topic

Hi

I thought that campbells chicken broth was gluten free. then heard otherwise....anyone out there can help me with that....dont like to gluten myself...it hurts to much....

DIVA

I use Swansons Chicken Broth quite regularly.

Campbell's US has very few gluten free options, regarding soups.

It's worth noting you still have to read the labels. At least a year ago, one of the Swanson's chicken broths (organic) contained gluten. That certainly may have changed, but it lurks!

Swanson's Organic Chicken Broth is listed as gluten free in the triumphdining GlutenFree Grocery Guide, published this year.

But, as mentioned, always read the labels. :)

Herb Ox Chicken Bouilon and Seasoning is marked gluten free on the package. You just have to boil some water and put in the seasoning and then you have chicken broth.

I use either Rachael Ray or Kitchen Basics chicken stock, both are clearly labeled gluten free.

Wal-Mart's Great Values chicken broth used to be gluten-free (marked right on the box). Their beef broth is no longer gluten-free and they didn't have chicken when I was there to see if it was still gluten-free, but you can check.

Swanson's Organic Chicken Broth is listed as gluten free in the triumphdining GlutenFree Grocery Guide, published this year.

But, as mentioned, always read the labels. :)

I totally believe you. I remember it *used* to have gluten (long story, of the "someone tried very hard to make a gluten-free meal for me, but didn't read the lables" variety (I did read them, before eating the food)), but this is a GREAT example of why old information is not good information and we always have to read the labels! :) (And this one going in the right direction - to gluten free!)

Kroger's store brand chicken broth is gluten free (and labeled on the box).