mmmSmores

Grand Cayman

Rate this topic

My fiance and i are trying to narrow down our honeymoon picks and I think we are settling on Grand Cayman. Has anyone been there since being gluten free? I know there are a few sushi places at the hotels i've been looking...i would love to take my gluten-free soy sauce with me, but i dont know if i can....wondering if gluten-free products are available down there.

My fiance and i are trying to narrow down our honeymoon picks and I think we are settling on Grand Cayman. Has anyone been there since being gluten free? I know there are a few sushi places at the hotels i've been looking...i would love to take my gluten-free soy sauce with me, but i dont know if i can....wondering if gluten-free products are available down there.

We have a timeshare there and go as often as once a year. I love the place! We stay in a condo on the East End and cook most of our meals. I have eaten at the LIghthouse and Bacchus with no trouble. Just bring your dining card. I also ate at the Westin and had one of the best meals I've ever eaten. ( I would stay there if it were my honeymoon!)_Have fun!

Congrats on the wedding! I live in Cayman (originally from canada) and LOVE IT!! I've never had an issue with the soy sauces at the sushi restaurants, but I don't find they carry enough gluten to trigger a reaction anyway. Definitely bring your own if you can get it into the suitcase. I recommend Yoshi Sushi, it's outstanding, but call ahead and make reservations.

Other restaurants are amazing, the eating on this island is outstanding. The chefs are from all over the world and will always adjust a dish to suit you. I recommend Hemmingways for supper one night - Gorgeous view guaranteed to romance you and your new hubby!

The grocery stores here carry more gluten-free selections than I could find in Canada! I'm amazed every time I go shopping at the new stuff they've brought in and the diversity of selection. They pull from Irish suppliers and I've yet to be anything but enamored with what I've gotten.

Bear in mind when you come down that it's a tax-free island so the cost you see on the shelf is exactly what you'll pay, but that the Cayman dollar is 1.25 to the US.

If you're interested, let me know when you're down and I'll show you around! You won't regret coming, the island is truly breathtaking.

Did you go to the Grand Cayman yet? My fiance and I are getting married on October 17, and she has Celiac. Our honeymoon is going to be on the Grand Cayman island as well, and I'm checking around to see what our options are going to be. Congrats on the marriage!