This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Boston's

Juliebove

Juliebove Rising Star

I was told they have a gluten-free pizza. I stopped in there tonight and they do. Has anyone tried it? They are closer to me than Garlic Jim's and unlike Garlic Jim's actually has something on the menu that I can eat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkr Apprentice
I was told they have a gluten-free pizza. I stopped in there tonight and they do. Has anyone tried it? They are closer to me than Garlic Jim's and unlike Garlic Jim's actually has something on the menu that I can eat.

Yes, I have tried the pizza and it's very good. I had a veggie pizza.

ohsotired Enthusiast

I've tried two kinds of pizza from Boston's and they were both VERY good.

Juliebove Rising Star

Thanks! We'll try it. Or I should say daughter will. I'm allergic to eggs so no pizza for me.

Mtndog Collaborator

Where is this? Is it actually in Boston? I want gluten-free pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohsotired Enthusiast

Check out their website for locations.

www.bostonsgourmet.com

• 2 weeks later...
Juliebove Rising Star

Well... I was not impressed but daughter loved it.

Due to my food allergies, there isn't a lot I can eat there. Perhaps a salad with some stuff left off, but I opted for a burger patty with lettuce, tomato, onion and French fries. Also a salad with no croutons, no dressing, and lemon.

I ordered my food just like I typed it out. The waitress said, "So... A burger with everything on it? You want the bun? The pickles? The mayo?" *sigh* I repeated my order again.

My salad came out. No lemon. I asked for lemon. She thought I said, "napkins"! I repeated it. She didn't get it. Third time she got it. Brought me some lemons along with the parmesan and hot peppers for daughter.

Daughter had carrot sticks and Ranch dressing and a small cheese pizza. Pizza looked very thin to me. Not a lot of cheese on it. But she liked it!

My food came. Burger patty was on a bed of brown lettuce. Really no flavor to it at all. Fries were not that good. Daughter tried one and thought it tasted of garlic. I hate garlic. I don't know. They weren't very crisp.

All in all I thought it was expensive for what we got.

Daughter wants to go back. If we do go back, it will be for lunch. I don't normally eat lunch, so that way I won't have to pay for a yucky meal. If all I can eat is a burger patty and fries, I might as well get it at a fast food place and get it for cheap.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RESO Apprentice
Where is this? Is it actually in Boston? I want gluten-free pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try Zing's pizza in Porter Square, they have good gluten-free pizza, though it's not your standard pepperoni and cheese (look them up online for the menu). There is also a food mart (I'm pretty sure it's called "food mart" in Wakefield that has gluten-free pizza and desserts - they get the crust and desserts from a company called strawberry moon (strawberrymoon.com, I think).

R

Mtndog Collaborator

food Mart in wakefield- I think I know where that is. My sis lives in Rreading- I'll have to tell her! Thank you!

I can't believe Boston's doesn't even have a location in MA. That's ridiculous!

Mskedi Newbie

Ooh... there's one of these near my work. I'll have to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
damboyz1 Newbie

i live in east boston home of the best pizza NOT GLUTEN FREE santarpios, kelley's etc. so iv been looking for gluten free. thanx for the info

Michi8 Contributor
food Mart in wakefield- I think I know where that is. My sis lives in Rreading- I'll have to tell her! Thank you!

I can't believe Boston's doesn't even have a location in MA. That's ridiculous!

Boston's Gourmet Pizza are the US version of Boston Pizza which is a Canadian company. As I understand it, they are fairly new to the US. The first Boston Pizza was in Edmonton, Alberta...though the Boston Pizza chain stopped offering gluten free pizzas around here (I live just outside of Edmonton). Don't know about the franchises in the rest of Canada.

Michelle

Archived