tmack

Need Celiac Dr In San Antonio,tx

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiacs Disease on 07-07-09. Blood work positive as well as biopsy. I need to find a Doctor in San Antonio. When I was diagnosed I got the results from the PA, have not seen the Dr. since the biopsy. When I asked what I needed to do she said follow a gluten-free diet and gave me a piece of paper that told me what gluten was. I asked if there was a book or did I ned to see a nutrionist, since I am also lactose intolorant all my life, she said no, I would need to look on the internet but she didn't know how else to help me. I cried all the way home!! I thought I must be a FREAK, and there is no one else in the world like me!! I didn't eat food for 8 days, only drank soy milk.

I'm rambling now, any help on a doc would be great.

Thanks,

Trina

I was diagnosed with Celiacs Disease on 07-07-09. Blood work positive as well as biopsy. I need to find a Doctor in San Antonio. When I was diagnosed I got the results from the PA, have not seen the Dr. since the biopsy. When I asked what I needed to do she said follow a gluten-free diet and gave me a piece of paper that told me what gluten was. I asked if there was a book or did I ned to see a nutrionist, since I am also lactose intolorant all my life, she said no, I would need to look on the internet but she didn't know how else to help me. I cried all the way home!! I thought I must be a FREAK, and there is no one else in the world like me!! I didn't eat food for 8 days, only drank soy milk.

I'm rambling now, any help on a doc would be great.

Thanks,

Trina

[/quote

I am pretty new to the whole gluten free thing too, but in my searches on this forum I saw a recommendation for a Dr. Craig Lubin. He's in Austin...I jotted his name down myself...]