This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Doctors Prescribe Respidol

Serversymptoms

Serversymptoms Contributor

DRUG IS RISPERDAL, NOT RESPIDOL.

I recently went to the doctors and was given the following test:

Test

CBC (inc. diff + plt) [L]

Comprehensive panel [RB]

Miscellaneous test

Blood C & S with ARD

(To answer my question about the test refer to this link :https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=60247)

On top of giving me the test, I have been prescribe .25 Respidol, every 12 hours... and told by the doctors that I can either take it at home or I will be place in a hospital ( moved from Lansing to Grand Rapids) where they will make sure I'm taking that medication. I told my mom ( I'm 17 years old) that I don't want to take such, and recently I have only been talking about improvements of symptoms I've had. I don't see how one would be force to take medication just because they talk about their health problem and figured out what it is. I do suspect base off the test they may find my health problems or at least be alerted ( to know what health problems I'm talking about, need to see the link) and I will immediately be removed from such medication.

Though just as of now I really do not want to take respidol, I've read nothing but horrible things on the drug. Do I really have to take such medication or be force to take it... isn't that beyond ones own rights? I even try to stay away from tylenol as much as I can, or any medication for colds ( I do experience runny/ stuff nose sometimes etc... but never been sick with a fever since almost forever) etc... ( unless a must vacine), why would one think taking respidol would be okay for me? Just imagening the side effects is enough for me, though I do suspect if my candida was diagnosed I will be given a perscription to dianogse the candida... and most will experience die off side effects, which is okay to experience.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rissmeek Newbie
DRUG IS RISPERDAL, NOT RESPIDOL.

I recently went to the doctors and was given the following test:

Test

CBC (inc. diff + plt) [L]

Comprehensive panel [RB]

Miscellaneous test

Blood C & S with ARD

(To answer my question about the test refer to this link :https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=60247)

On top of giving me the test, I have been prescribe .25 Respidol, every 12 hours... and told by the doctors that I can either take it at home or I will be place in a hospital ( moved from Lansing to Grand Rapids) where they will make sure I'm taking that medication. I told my mom ( I'm 17 years old) that I don't want to take such, and recently I have only been talking about improvements of symptoms I've had. I don't see how one would be force to take medication just because they talk about their health problem and figured out what it is. I do suspect base off the test they may find my health problems or at least be alerted ( to know what health problems I'm talking about, need to see the link) and I will immediately be removed from such medication.

Though just as of now I really do not want to take respidol, I've read nothing but horrible things on the drug. Do I really have to take such medication or be force to take it... isn't that beyond ones own rights? I even try to stay away from tylenol as much as I can, or any medication for colds ( I do experience runny/ stuff nose sometimes etc... but never been sick with a fever since almost forever) etc... ( unless a must vacine), why would one think taking respidol would be okay for me? Just imagening the side effects is enough for me, though I do suspect if my candida was diagnosed I will be given a perscription to dianogse the candida... and most will experience die off side effects, which is okay to experience.

Can I ask why they put you on the medication? Your symptoms and the medication do not go hand in hand. I know the medication very well and yes it is 100% possible that they would/could put you in the hospital to make sure you take it. It's a safety measure. Also depending on what state you live in, you are still a minor meaning that your parents would be the ones making your medical decisions.

Can I ask why they put you on the medication? Your symptoms and the medication do not go hand in hand. I know the medication very well and yes it is 100% possible that they would/could put you in the hospital to make sure you take it. It's a safety measure. Also depending on what state you live in, you are still a minor meaning that your parents would be the ones making your medical decisions.

I have no ideal either why they would put me on risperdal. Lately the only thing I have been mentioning to my mom is improvement in symptoms since removing yeast, and how I also think I have candida ( even tested positive for spit test) and was able to invade in me being gluten intolerance. I do not want to take such medications, as I've mention I even avoid taking tylenol when I get headaches. I'm not a threat to anyone or myself all I do is mention my symptoms and how I know it's not in my head. I live in Michigan, I'm 17 years old.

So it's possible that they cant force me simply if my mom say ....his health has been getting better, and I feel as well as he that this medication is not needed.

IM NO LONGER LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TOWARDS THIS QUESTION

I have not been taking this drug at all, and after my blood results came back it now seems that I'm no longer being influenced to take it by anyone. I think now they will start looking into my health.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
IM NO LONGER LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TOWARDS THIS QUESTION

I have not been taking this drug at all, and after my blood results came back it now seems that I'm no longer being influenced to take it by anyone. I think now they will start looking into my health.

I am glad to hear that they are taking your health issues a bit more seriously. Do you know what the blood test results were? I had not answered previously but when this medication is prescribed for a genuine need for it it can be a big difference. It is not however something that should be given without a doctor being absolutely certain that it is needed IMHO.

I am glad to hear that they are taking your health issues a bit more seriously. Do you know what the blood test results were? I had not answered previously but when this medication is prescribed for a genuine need for it it can be a big difference. It is not however something that should be given without a doctor being absolutely certain that it is needed IMHO.

Yeah I'm really glad they lifted off that medication, for I don't need any at all. It was all just a really horrible moment, and still shock with the doctors actions. Well there were a few things ( about 4 or 5 ) below or above the normal range. Though basically it was C02 above average ( 32) and white blood cells below normal ( 2.9).... Yeah I know the ranges are not exotic like 1, .5 etc... but this should still aware them of a health issue I have and speak of.

Archived