jststric

Food Intolerances And Memory?

Rate this topic

Here's a stretch, lol! I have been gluten and alot of other food-intolerant for about 3 yrs now. In that same time-frame I have had real problems with my memory. Granted, I'm 50 and its not uncommon for women at this age to suffer with memory problems while going thru menopause. But it just hit me and I'm wondering if there could be any sort of correlation between my memory issues with my food issues! Anyone ever read or know any particulars on this one? I've don't recall (no jokes, lol!) ever seeing anything like that before.

There can definately be adverse effects to the brain. If you do a search with celiac and neurological as the key words you will find a lot comes up.

Hopefully you are avoiding gluten and the other stuff you are intolerant to. Sublingual B12 can be helpful with brain issues for us and if you are not already taking it you may want to start.

My memory improved after altering my diet. Also, a friend of mine who is using exogenous estrogen/progesterone told me that her short term memory suffers badly when she's low on estrogen. I take herbal estrogen type pills and have also noticed that I have trouble with short term memory if I skip a day.